Post a Comment Print Share on Facebook
Featured Ange Postecoglou South Africa Game Sienna Miller settles Donald Trump

reads.

Jens Alders the accumulation of Offices could be to reputational risk

Jens Alder has developed as Swisscom in-chief of the reputation of a competent Manager. Now the 61-Year-old threatens to be due to its accumulation in various Offices and Posts for the company a reputation risk.

This assessment of Express Corporate-Governance experts, after yesterday it was announced that Alder will be in addition to his dual mandate as Chairman of the Board and the operational chief of Alpiq also the Board President of the steel manufacturer Schmolz+Bickenbach.

"the President makes Mr Alder in addition to vulnerable," says Silvan fields, owner of VR Management AG, the trains boards of Directors and taught. "As soon as something somewhere not running around, this will always be associated with his accumulation of Offices. Both companies where he is Chairman of the Board of Directors thus bear a reputation risk."

"medieval Thinking"

The business lawyer Monika Roth twice after: "Either Mr Alder overestimated his ability to work, or he underestimated the challenges there are at Schmolz + Bickenbach as a listed company."

In fact, both companies are currently not in top form. Schmolz + Bickenbach reported yesterday, for the past year in the red. Alpiq also wrote a large loss. On Alder will come in both companies, a lot of work. At Alpiq about a radical change in the shareholder structure, since the second-largest shareholder, the French electricity giant EDF, wants to sell his shares. At Schmolz + Bickenbach, is the largest shareholder, the Russian Oligarch Viktor Vekselberg is busy, continue to with the US sanctions.

The energy company Alpiq, the largest part of the cantons, municipalities and their electricity is part of the works, with the additional office is not a Problem – on the contrary: "Alpiq congratulates Jens Alder to the Nomination," says a spokeswoman. According to the articles of Association of the energy group and members of the Executive Committee may exercise up to three directorships in listed companies.

The Board of Directors joined the new Job of the double heads no resistance. The information suggests that Alders has been a new mandate at Schmolz + Bickenbach, the Nomination and remuneration Committee of Alpiq discussed. The entire Board of Directors was set by the process only. Chairman of the nomination Committee is a Multi-Board Wolfgang Martz. His explanation of why the Committee, the mandate has been approved, surprised: "Mr. Alder has in Alpiq an agreed workload of 80 percent. The remaining 20 percent, he can have."

This is a point that deserves to be highlighted: Jens Alder is the operational head and Chairman of the Board of Alpiq, a company with a total staff of 1500, and last a good 5 billion Swiss francs in sales, which is involved in two nuclear power plants in Switzerland. This responsibility is, therefore, cope with a workload of only 80 percent.

"issues of Corporate Governance seem to play in the Board of Directors of Alpiq not a big role," says Christophe Volonté from the voting legal Advisor Inrate. "I can't understand why Schmolz + Bickenbach Mr Alder to his President."

Helen

the steel responds to the group that Alder is "a proven leader" and "exactly the right man" for the Job. With a view to the work load, it says succinctly: "he will manage it."

And how does the offices of the collection financially? From Alders environment, it does not say that he was doing the Jobs for money. So he can't get at Alpiq, despite the dual mandate only 800'000 Swiss francs, a Bonus there. Predecessor Jasmin Staiblin took around 2 million francs to take home.

thanks to the new mandate at Schmolz + Bickenbach, a further 500'000 Swiss francs for Jens Alder on top of it, of which half in cash and the other half is paid in shares. At least that was the remuneration of the outgoing President. Makes the bottom line to around 1.3 million Swiss francs for the three Posts – and the criticism of the accumulation of Offices, the Jens Alder gets for free.

(editing Tamedia)

Created: 13.03.2019, 20:32 PM

Avatar
Your Name
Post a Comment
Characters Left:
Your comment has been forwarded to the administrator for approval.×
Warning! Will constitute a criminal offense, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting and swearing, derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, personality rights, damaging or similar nature in the nature of all kinds of financial content, legal, criminal and administrative responsibility for the content of the sender member / members are belong.