Post a Comment Print Share on Facebook
Featured Google New York Tom Brady Denver Nuggets Netanyahu


I can't pay the voluntary AHV contributions?

I live since five years in Singapore and work for a foreign company. Previously I did not pay for my studies regularly in the AHV , after my departure from Switzerland. A few months ago, I made an excerpt from my AHV account. This has, as expected, a contribution gap.

As I had in my head it was possible five years retroactive to the lack of contributions to be, I have the Central compensation office in Geneva contacted. There, they informed me that in my case, nothing more was to fill the gap, because I had failed to report in time for the voluntary AHV / AVS. I could also Deposit in the future from abroad.

Is this really so, or I just got in the wrong officials? And if the Pay be possible, I have still chances to a maximum pension if I return once in Switzerland?

The information you received from the staff of the Swiss compensation office, is correct: you can't pay the AHV contributions.

the basic Principle of the Swiss abroad, living in a country outside the EU or Efta can Deposit, no matter whether employed or not, volunteering in the AHV. A prerequisite is that you previously insured for at least five years in the AHV. This is the case for you.

But they had, from the time where you have to register your residence in Switzerland of tasks, within one year of the voluntary AHV / AVS. After this period, a candidate is no longer possible. The voluntary participation is thus limited.

The contribution gaps, which could lead to the reduction of their pension.

Back in the AHV you could only Deposit if they returned to Switzerland, and then you would have to be assured first five years mandatory for a foreign stay of the voluntary AHV to join.

The contribution of gaps that you have now will remain, and they lead to the reduction of the pension. Thus, it is not possible to achieve a full maximum pension. For a full pension men currently need 44 years of contributions; for each missing year will be reduced by 1/44.

Andrea Fischer answered your questions to the employment law, consumer law, social security law and family law. Send them to

(editing Tamedia)

Created: 07.01.2019, 09:37 PM

Your Name
Post a Comment
Characters Left:
Your comment has been forwarded to the administrator for approval.×
Warning! Will constitute a criminal offense, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting and swearing, derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, personality rights, damaging or similar nature in the nature of all kinds of financial content, legal, criminal and administrative responsibility for the content of the sender member / members are belong.