(Obi.no:) - We believe that we make better and healthier spiseklar food than any of our competitors in the industry, " says Elisabeth I. Rye-Florentz to the Obi.no.
the Competition she refers to is, for example, the River and the Fjordland and the big chains ' brands.
- We dry to experiment, and learn from our mistakes. We are more flexible and have shorter innovation processes, it makes us more creative and agile. We are innovative and the guys are not. We are underdogs, something that makes people love us and cheer, " says Rye-Florentz.Doubling for the Casserole
It all started in February 2009 when she and her big sister Jannicke Isachsen established More Food, and More Soup that came in dagligvaren February 2010 as the first "More – product". The founders rented a kantinekjøkken and drove suppene out to the shops in kjølebil. In the evenings after work, made the soup in a 60-litre pot and the day after they drove suppene out to the stores.
- the core values was "healthy, tasty and real", and the company's first products were three fresh grønnsakssupper distributed via the grocery trade, " says Rye-Florentz.
in the Fall of 2018 launched the sisters three new ferdigmiddagsrettene the company under the brand "More Casserole". The dishes are inspired by dishes from Thailand, Morocco and Hungary.
- How have the new products been received?
- More Casserole has been well-received. The budget was 750.000 million for October, november and December, and we sold for 1.5 million. We should do the same with gryterrettene as we have done with the suppene, namely, to make good, healthy ready-made meals that don't taste industrilaget. We have gotten a lot of great feedback that we manage, " says Rye-Florentz.Big ambitions
There is no lack of ambition. When Finansavisen wrote about More Food and suppene their in 2010, the objective was introduced in 100 stores and to sell for 10-15 million during 2010. The reality was a turnover of 438.000 money that year.
We were a little, well, cheeky, didn't really know what we were talking about and turned up the ambitions to make the us attractive for potential investors, which we never got and which we have managed ourselves fine without.
Isachsen is the managing director while the Rye-Florentz operates as chairman of the board., and the two owns 50 per cent of the company each.
2018 will be for the two sisters a new year with a strong increase in turnover. Turnover after discount per December is 12,31 million while accumulated earnings are on 1,06 million. Profit after tax is then 0,81 million.
the Numbers show a sharp increase in revenue from 2017, when operating revenues amounted to 9,15 million. The operating profit ended of 1.17 million, while profit after tax in 2017 amounts to 0,89 million.
the Budget for 2019 is a turnover of nok 15 million. The profit will probably be lower than in 2018, due to increased vekstkostnader, but the goal is to get in the plus.
" Should we clear it, we need to continue to work hard out in the shop, and also attempt to gain entry in several stores. Although we have had a very good development in recent years, we are very small in relation to competitors and the chains ' own brands.
The next few years, we will work everything we can to give the giants more noticeable competition, that we believe will be to the delight of consumers. The goal is to be a real competitor, taking market share, not a nice small player that only is to the inspiration of the giants and creates a dynamic in the category, " says Rye-Florentz.Want to improve the listing
The last few years, the founders received a distribution in ca. 500 stores including Menu, Kiwi, Coop and Rema.
- the Main part in the Oslo and surrounding areas, but also in other cities. We have a particular focus now in Bergen and hope to make our products just as well-known there, " says Rye-Florentz.
A challenge is to receive good listing, it will say access to the many shops. Chains have a system, where the best is required range, which means that the stores must bring the goods.
Many of our products are in voluntary care or compulsory care in a limited number of products. The main task in 2019 is to improve the listingen and try to get more products in the required assortment. It is the key to a stronger development and faster growth, and that More products will be available for all who wish to acquire a healthy and good prepared foods that taste homemade.
another challenge is, according to the entrepreneur to make the brand More Soup and More Stew more familiar to consumers.
- We see that More Soup is well-established in the Oslo and surrounding areas, but we need to work more and harder to get to the same sale in other parts of the country. The job we have started with, end Rye-Florentz.Other financial news:
Set again with 62 million
Is hardly any markedsdriver