A day after the deadly attack on a tourist bus near the pyramids of Giza in Egypt, the Egyptian security forces have killed according to their own statements 40 suspected terrorists. The Suspects had been killed to hide in coordinated operations "in the three Terrorists" in Giza and to the North of the Sinai Peninsula, announced the interior Ministry on Saturday.
in raids in Giza Ministry were according to the interior 30 people have been killed. The security forces accused "terrorist elements" to plan attacks on state institutions and the tourism industry. The raids, therefore, weapons, ammunition and Material were found at the bomb. The Ministry of the interior, however, open the question of whether there is a direct connection to the attack on the tourist bus in the vicinity of the Giza pyramids, three tourists from Vietnam, and her native guide killed.
a Further ten alleged insurgents were killed, a report by the state news Agency Mena that in a shootout in the North of the Sinai Peninsula. There by the security forces against insurgents of the extremist militia Islamic state.
The Egyptian Prosecutor-General Nabil Sadek, had previously arranged during the night to Saturday an investigation into the Explosion in the vicinity of the pyramids of Giza, on Friday evening, according to official figures, three Vietnamese tourists and their Egyptian tour guide were killed. Eleven people, including other tourists and the Egyptian bus driver, were injured by a homemade explosive device, according to the Egyptian interior Ministry on Friday evening.
Therefore, the bomb had exploded shortly after 18 o'clock (local time) on a busy street close to the tourist pyramids. The place of the incident was cordoned off by the security forces. Local residents reported in social networks by a loud Explosion. Pictures of the accident site showed that on one side of the bus, all the Windows were shattered. In addition, one side of the bus was littered with scratches and dark dust lanes. The white vehicle was removed, a ring of debris around.
It was the first attack on tourists in Egypt since July of 2017 and the means for the tourism industry of the country, a new setback.
Madbuli: "No country in the world can guarantee a hundred percent security"
The Egyptian head of government, Mustafa Madbuli came after a visit to the injured at Al-Haram hospital with the Ministers for health and tourism in front of the press. The Prime Minister called the attack a "regrettable incident".
Raised on the possible adverse effects of the attack on Egypt, especially the important tourism industry Madbuli said there was "not a single country in which there are no attacks". Such acts of violence could repeat itself in the future. "No country in the world can guarantee a hundred percent security," said the head of government.
informed How the Ministry of the interior, had taken a explosive device on the roadside in the tourist bus in the late afternoon, as he had been with a total of 14 Vietnamese tourists on the go. The self-made explosive device had been placed in the vicinity of a wall in the district of Haram.
The in the vicinity of Cairo, the nearby Giza pyramids belong to Egypt's main tourist attractions. In the past, in Egypt, repeated deadly attacks on tourists had been committed. The last was killed in July 2017 in the seaside resort of Hurghada is a man with a knife, two German women and a further four people injured. According to information from security circles, it was the offender is one of Islamists.
Due to repeated attacks, security has been increased at all tourist places in Egypt. The arrangements around the pyramids to Giza, however, were repeatedly criticized as insufficient.
The South of Cairo and the nearby pyramids of Giza are the only of the so-called seven wonders of the world that still exists. You are one of Egypt's main tourist attractions.
travel industry in Egypt suffers from the attacks
In the vacation land of Egypt, it always comes back to attacks on tourists, and terrorist attacks. The travel industry of the country suffers. The tourist numbers were down after the upheavals of the so-called Arab spring of 2011, rebounded last but easily. 2017 8.2 million visitors came after official data in the country. Thus, Egypt is still far from the almost 15 million tourists in 2010. The Foreign office warns, however, an increased risk of terrorist attacks.
the travel and safety information of the Federal foreign office in Berlin was informed on Friday on the attack on the tourist bus. It was "far-continues to be an increased risk of terrorist attacks," it said. This could also be "against foreign targets, and citizens". The Foreign office advised "caution" in traveling to Egypt.
especially on the Sinai Peninsula, it always comes back to between cases. But also in the capital Cairo or in other Parts of the country attacks occur again and again. Least seven people died in an attack on a Coptic pilgrimage in the beginning of November.
the attack on the tourist bus, no one known. In the past years, especially the jihadists militia Islamic state (IS) perpetrated a series of bloody attacks, especially on the Christian minority, the Copts, which accounts for about ten percent of the Egyptian population.
In February, the Egyptian army had started after an attack on a mosque with more than 300 dead an Anti-Terror operation in Sinai, in order to expel the IS militants from the Peninsula in the North-East of Egypt. Since then, have been killed, according to an army spokesman, 450 suspected jihadists. (dpa/AFP/Reuters)More about
After knife attack in Egypt, German tourists remain Hurghada loyaltyHeike Jahberg
The daily mirror cooperates with the survey Institute Civey. When you register, you are contributing to better results. More information here.