It is not all the new buildings, which will be received equally well. The whole two times is the new office building Østerport II in Copenhagen voted as the ugliest. In 2019, the Berlingskes readers the building as the ugliest in Copenhagen. But, now the so the prize as the ugliest in the whole of Denmark.
The members of the association on the Architecture of the Rebellion, who have voted in this place, and it was agreed to determine the Østerport II.
the Architecture of the Insurgency is a registered association in Denmark, Norway and Sweden. The association describes itself as a growing social movement that is fighting against the many threats to our old city centres’.
- We are not out to mock, we are out to speak up, says the chairman of the Architecture of the Rebellion, Yep Ceiling.
He believes that builders, architects, forvaltningspersoner and local politicians over the last 100 years has blown on what ordinary people think.
- They have just built brutal and ruthless houses, which have turned old fine urban pieces, he says.
Østerport II should be ready in the course of may 2020. Photo: Ditte Groves
At Østerport II's website describes the itself the building as a ‘beautiful, living house, taking architectural account of the neighborhood's historic buildings and green areas’. But who could the Architecture of the Organization members not disagree more with.
the Building has really come to annoy people. Maybe it is because it is right up at the beautiful station, which many people love. Have the architect and the developer said, ’we don't care about the surroundings. We blowing on it all. Now, we provide this building up, because what we think is fun’. But it is not fun, says Yep Ceiling.
- do not you Think that it will get better when the office building opens here in 2020, and there will be no life?
- When it opens, there will be certainly no life, but the facade light of that, here I come and don't care about my surroundings. Trying not to play with and create a relationship and a harmonious urban environment, says Yep Ceiling.
Several other buildings around the country were also in the race. In second place came the building BLOX, which is located on the Copenhagen waterfront. However, it is not only buildings in the capital, there is with. The members of Architecture in the Rebellion voted Papirtårnet in Silkeborg, denmark on a third place and a sixth place is Ceres the City of Aarhus.
the Architecture you do not need to discuss it is like discussing art. You have your tastes and I have my taste, " says Jep Ceiling.
- But it is not what we're talking about. We're talking about urban environments, and where people like to come. You think surely, it is more fun to go on Nørrebro, Vesterbro or in Nyhavn, than you think about going out in Copenhagen or in Brøndby Strand. The large blocks and high-rise buildings does not provide public space, he says.
the Architecture of the Rebellion hope that the price can shout future actors up, and trying at the same time to enter into a dialogue with architects, builders and politicians.
- Why goes In around and building something that looks like lego bricks, which is boring and is in long, straight rows, when ordinary people want to live in something that is cosy and nice? ask Jep Ceiling.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------- No comments
Director of Focus Management, Tonny Nielsen, will not comment on the election. Picture: Mik Eskestad/Ritzau Scanpix
It is the architectural firm KHR Architecture and ejendomsforvalteren Focus Management, which is behind the construction of the building.
the Directors of the companies, respectively, Lars Kragh and Tonny Nielsen, was, according to the Jep Ceiling both invited to the awards ceremony, which took place 10. march in Stockholm. None of them were present to receive the award.
Extra Magazine, the Craftsman has tried to relate both of the directors the criticism that the Architecture of the Revolt comes with.
But none of them wanted to answer.
I have no opinion on. I thought that it was something serious, " says Tonny Nielsen, managing director of Focus Management A/S, as Extra the Blade caller.
- you Will not say that it is serious, that an association gives you this price?
- No comments.
Then put Tonny Nielsen.
Lars Kragh is not returned on the Ekstra comments.