Farewell to the dead twelve-year-old Luise from Freudenberg: A memorial service for the girl is to take place next Wednesday in the small town in Siegerland. According to an obituary notice published in the “Siegener Zeitung” on Saturday, everyone who would like to take part is invited to the auditorium of the Esther-Bejarano comprehensive school. “There are no words to comprehend the incomprehensible. For us, the world stands still, ”is written next to a photo of the girl who died violently about a week ago.
According to the advertisement, the commemoration will be celebrated on March 22 at 6 p.m. “in a close personal circle” in the Evangelical Church in Freudenberg. From there it is transmitted as an audio stream to the comprehensive school and can be followed there in the auditorium, as the advertisement shows. "We ask for your understanding that the family and friends would like to accompany Luise there in peace on her last trip." A police spokesman said that they wanted to use the church to ensure that the funeral service was not disturbed.
Two girls, aged 12 and 13, had confessed to the act of violence. According to previously announced findings, they are said to have killed Luise with several stab wounds on Saturday, March 11th, in a remote forest on the border of Rhineland-Palatinate and North Rhine-Westphalia last week. In the obituary notice, Luise's life data states "03/12/2023" as the day of death.
The church in Freudenberg has been open almost permanently for a week to enable people to mourn and pray there in silence. Prime Minister Hendrik Wüst came to the church on Saturday to sign a book of condolences there. The NRW head of government also spoke briefly to four pastors and thanked them for their commitment. Immediately after the incident became known, the CDU politician was dismayed by the girl's death. "It pulls the rug out from under your feet."
The parish announced that during a regular service this Sunday "to give a special space to our dismay at the death of Luise." The sermon will be given by the superintendent of the Evangelical Church District of Siegen, Peter-Thomas Stuberg. A few days ago on WDR, he spoke of a “shock state” from which one had to try to get out together. Thoughts and prayers are with the family of the child who was killed.
In the case, the police and public prosecutor's office are very reticent with information about the background, the alleged perpetrators and possible motives and refer to the protection of privacy. Because of their childhood, the girls are not yet criminally responsible and cannot be brought before a court. At the same time, the investigators warned against speculation, especially on social media, "that does not correspond to the current status of the investigation" and asked not to take part in it. According to the Siegen-Wittgenstein district, the suspected girls have now left Freudenberg together with their families. They are housed outside of the home environment.