Road sagging on the A7 is currently testing the patience of motorists in Hamburg. Because of a road damage discovered on Tuesday afternoon near Bahrenfeld, there will be significant restrictions in the north in the coming nights, as announced by the Autobahn Nord GmbH of the federal government. Long traffic jams had already formed in the direction of Flensburg south of the Elbe in the morning. The traffic is currently jammed from the south over a length of eight kilometers between Fleestedt and Hausbruch, said a spokesman for the traffic control center in the morning. Reason here too: massive subsidence between the Hausbruch and Waltershof junctions. And their repair also leads to further restrictions.
Between the Bahrenfeld and Volkspark junctions, traffic will initially be restricted to one lane on Wednesday night as an immediate measure between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. In the following two nights, the northbound motorway is to be completely closed between 9:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. and between 9:00 p.m. on Friday and 6:00 a.m. on Saturday.
Drivers are advised to exit the autobahn in Othmarschen on these nights and follow the detour to the Volkspark junction. During the day, northbound traffic is said to roll on two lanes.
In the Waltershof area, the main traffic lane to the north has been closed since Monday afternoon. Until Thursday morning, traffic can only roll over two lanes there. According to a Autobahn-Nord spokesman, there should be considerable traffic jams, especially in the morning rush hour.
From Thursday morning, 9:00 a.m., only one lane will be available until at least 10:00 p.m. The three-lane traffic routing should not be restored until Friday morning at 6 a.m. It was said that the decision to proceed in this way was made at short notice. Due to the bad weather at the weekend, the renovation could not be done during the low-traffic period.