(Extra Bladet in Copenhagen): It looks like 'game over'.
With all the 16 points up for rescue, and only seven games again, there must be miracles, if Huddersfield with landsholdstrioen Mathias 'Zanka' Jørgensen, Philip Billing and Jonas Lössl on the team must save themselves in the Premier League.
Therefore opens it up for fremtidsspekulation especially for 'Zanka', who in his first season in England, played all 38 league matches for Huddersfield and was a big part of the surprising rescue mission, as oprykkerne succeeded with.
This season has, in turn, offered trænerskifte, a little less duration and a little more uncertainty. German David Wagner would no more in January, and instead came fellow countryman Jan Siewert.
the Results have not been better, and by the weekend threw Huddersfield a safe 3-1-keeping against West ham, that at a quarter scored three goals and instead won 4-3.
And it is a tough reality, admits 'Zanka' Jørgensen, who at the same time learning in a time of need.
- I have learned how hard it is to play in the Premier League. And how it is to play for a bundhold. The exciting and interesting mental aspects it involves.
- It has been new for me, and it has been an ordeal to stand in the situations. It has not been great in the recent time, because we is how we do. It is hard for everyone in the club, for the players and for the employees, but it is instructive, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
Is it a welcome break to meet up with the national team, with the current situation in Huddersfield? the
- It is of course an extreme contrast to showing up here in the landsholdslejren. Here we are a group that has not lost in many matches, if we draw the infamous Slovakia-match from the. In Huddersfield it is the opposite.
Photo: Lars Poulsen
'Zanka' has played in 24 of the club so far 31 matches in the Premier League, but even so, it has been clear that the new coach Jan Siewert not looking in the dane's direction as much as its predecessor. the
- I can feel which way the club goes. There is a trainer who may have a more long-term plan, and he looks at what players he would like to work with going forward by building a new team up in a future that resembles the Championship. It must accept that the club are taking the steps to ensure it goes well in the future, says 'Zanka'.
But it will not be with you in the Championship? the
- The only thing I can say is that I have a year left of my contract for the summer. And we should probably have a talk about this summer, what the future should offer for both of us.
- Now it's some new people that sit and take decisions, so the talk we have had in the past are not relevant anymore. They have not been employed a new singer yet (Olaf Rebbe left the club with Wagner, ed.), but the talk must be taken within the next few months, says the dane, who is open for anything other than the Premier League. the
- It need not necessarily be the Premier League. It has been a great experience to play two years in England, but I exclude nothing. It can be many exciting fodboldlande in the world, which can be interesting for me. the
See also: Denmark 'forced' in action: I would rather just train