In the fall entered the teenager Morten Frendrup on the big stage in the Park and delivered the goods. In all ways, he the difficult test.
Mentally, physically and, not least, spillemæssigt. No one could see the midfielder was only 19 years old, when he appeared on the biggest Danish fodboldscene.
- If you like the young talent can step up and perform at a high level in the intense matches against FCK, so can the future look very exciting, assesses Martin Retov, who is an assistant coach in Brøndby.Photo: Lars Poulsen
Now a new Mcdonalds teen, Anis Ben Slimane, ahead of his first meeting with the rivals from FC Copenhagen. It happens Sunday at Brøndby Stadium, where several other young stjernefrø have minderige experiences from the encounter.
- If you as a young talent in both spillemæssigt and mentally able to mark you in the showdown, I would say the future looks exciting. It is in the kind of showdown, you can see how far they have come developmentally, says Martin Retov, who is an assistant coach in Brøndby.
The matches against FC Copenhagen is something very special. It is the only matches in the premier League with international atmosphere and an intensity, that when a european level.
It has gone stronger-than-expected for 19-year-old Anis Ben Slimane, who debuted in forårspremieren and has since been a fixed part of the Superligamandskabet.
But a showdown against rivals should he try for the first time.
- of Course, they must be allowed to be tensed, nervous for the fights. Ago, it is fun to see if they can mentally cope with the task. If they can keep a cool head when they are in the matches, where the pressure is greater, and the intensity is much higher, says Martin Retov.
He was in may 2005, when a young Daniel Agger appeared for the first time at Brøndby Stadium in a showdown in the premier League against FCK. The 21-year-old Agger wrote her into the history books with 1-0 scoring in the historic 5-0 win.
- It is no problem to bet on the young players. It is not important whether they are 17 or 20 years, if they have the character traits we appreciate and can make the right decisions under pressure situations, explains Martin Retov.
Anis Ben Slimane debuted in forårspremieren against OB. Since then he has been a part of Brøndbys kamptrup. On Sunday, he may play his first showdown against FCK on Brøndby Stadion. A review on the he as a young talent can grow in the kind of battles. Photo: Lars Poulsen
He has both as an asset and in its trænerrolle experienced, that good performance in the big FCK-matches gives a huge boost to the young players afterwards.
- If you as a young talent to perform in the matches, can we as coaches feel it on the training field. The head is raised a little more, and they have a good feeling in the body, he points out.
For Brøndby is the signal on its own, talent is important. But they must not play for any price, believe Retov.
- They must earn the right to play. They must not just play because they are young, and our own talents. Only performance is crucial, no matter how old they are, he says.
More about Brøndby Past day Analysis: Big important decisions are waiting in the Brøndby Past day He is the wasted Brøndby-talent Past day says: Brøndby are very attractive Past day Gigantic talenttjek in Brøndby: How to have 72 players fared Past day Jan comes with several million: - It is against his will Past day - Mukhtar was going to be sold for 70 million dollars