A man in 40s is being treated at Hvidovre Hospital for superficial injuries after he was late on Monday evening was assaulted in a bus in Valby.
It tells the central efterforskningsleder by the Copenhagen Police, Søren Lauridsen.
Police have arrested a man about 18 years in connection with the attack, which happened in a bus at Sjælør Boulevard and Vigerslev Allé at the corner of Vestre Cemetery around midnight.
- There is talk about a banal quarrel between the two parties, who do not know each other. It develops into a perpetrator pulls a knife, as he stands and swings in front of the aggrieved, says Søren Lauridsen.
- There are some courageous witnesses in the bus, which overpowers the offender and deprive him the knife. But then succeed him to take a bushammer, as he beats the victim over the head with.
The victim, a man in the 40's, do not serious injury, but are brought to Hvidovre Hospital for treatment.
- He will be discharged soon. There is talk about superficial damage, says efterforskningslederen shortly after one o'clock on the night of Tuesday.
After the attack, fleeing the offender out of the bus.
The alleged perpetrator will be arrested at Hvidovre Hospital shortly after.
- We suspect the person arrested to be the perpetrator. He had even sought out at Hvidovre Hospital, because he had an injury that he presumably suffered during the attack, says Søren Lauridsen.
Efterforskningslederen will not elaborate on, what harm there is talking about.
The person arrested is described as a man of about 18 years, which is known to the police in advance.
- We assume that the victim and the perpetrator do not know each other in advance, and that there is talk about a banal quarrel, which develops, says Søren Lauridsen, who do not want to elaborate on what the fracas was about.
According to police, there were between eight and ten people present in the bus during the attack.