We purchased the house back in 2015. A house which we could see the opportunities in order to build on and achieve the house we wanted. We found a carpenter, told him about our dream to utilize and extend the first floor, so we got 3 rooms and a walk, and we agreed to build out over the garage, re-roof the new rafters with black betontegl roof, and 3 large sprigs.
- We agreed that we had to tear everything down that we could do, and run away, and the famlie and friends came and helped us, and on a weekend we had actually pulled it all out, and run away. There was missing only the roof and the rafters as the carpenter would stand to tear down.
- the Price was 350,000, that we would have to pay of 3 laps, start 100.000 dkk halfway finished dkk 100,000 and then the rest when it was completed, corresponding to approx. Dkk 150,000.
- We agreed, he started on his work, but.......
so begins Charlotte V a letter to the nation! about the sad situation she, husband and their little baby ended up in, because they relied on a craftsman. The family do not understand, that there is someone who can help them – even if they have won over the tradesman in both the district court and the enforcement, so they still get their of 270,000 dkk. And why are you asking for a good advice. Their letter, which you can share, so there will be a focus on the situation, continues namely as follows:
- Who were thrown waste and beer cans around our grounds. There were many sick, and many days where no one heard from the carpenter.
- all of a Sudden - and where we really think that he is good in time - he writes to us (SMS here he had to be away for a some time), that he should have the next 100.000 kr otherwise he would not be able to order our roof.
- we could very well see would be a problem, so we gave him 100.000 kr in addition to the 100,000 kr. he got as antes.
He built a little further, come and go really as it suits him, the meetings often up with a hangover, and it was not always, he came on Fridays. A morning was f.ex. a brand new – and for us foreign carpenter - in front of our door, and asked if it was here he was supposed to be.
- We looked confused at him - this we knew nothing.
- He told me that our carpenter, did not come the next long period of time because he had to undergo surgery of the knee, and had agreed that he – the new - were.
It was, we were, of course, very uncomprehending opposite, as we at no time had been informed of this, and was disappointed and angry not to have heard it yourself.
- We then tried - unsuccessfully - several times to get in touch with our carpenter – who - when we finally get hold of him - he asks a further 100,000 dkk in order to be able to build. If not he got them, he would stop the construction.
- We explained that he was not even halfway so that it could he forget, when he had already received money two times, and we were still standing outside inside of the building, and the tag at all. We then said to him that we would cease to cooperate, since we don't actually seemed to he delivered in relation to what we paid.
He was very upset and sent us all the bills and the paper on it he had made. To our great surprise we saw that we bl.a. paid for he work clothes and some tools which he had been lacking. And so we put a lawyer on the case.
- Before the trial so that goes in time, is there even a neighbor complaining to the municipality about our construction, and the municipality sends a byggesagkyndig, noting that it is built not in accordance with the drawings, the municipality received and approved before construction started.
- There will be so issued byggeforbud, and there will be a survey expert to assess our situation.
- He also says that there are built illegally and that our extension would never be able to be approved due to the way it has been built on, as it would never be able to keep to the weight and the load that could come in severe weather.
- At the time we have paid 200.000 kr.
- We live so in more than 2 years in a house where we can only use the 58m2 and only with a tarpaulin as the roof. We had to shut down all heating, and to eat and sleep in our living room.
- We were so lucky that we had a small wood stove which we fired violently into when we came home from work, also we could be lucky that there was a bit of warmth when we got up the day after.
the Summer of 2017 comes, we are finally in court and wins the case. He must pay us 276.000 dkk + process costs.
- We are overly happy and we are waiting now also a little boy in november and now feel that our life begins to look brighter, and that we can now move on. We thought.
we never got the money as we now had the court's words should have, and now we were still without money, the roof and a little new on the way.
We had in the bank and borrow dkk 400,000 more, so we could get the tag at all and made the building legally, and we also win a case of the carpenter in the bailiff's court, but the money can still not be recovered. The carpenter says he does not have any.
- We are now without money, without hope, with a little new baby and a house that is almost a ruin with the roof.
- the Bank can't lend us more, so a carpenter can build finished inside on the first floor, so my husband throws himself into doing it all yourself.
- the Bank granted us an overdraft to the building materials and nothing else, so now we are faced with a fine førstesal, a fabricated ground floor, and a debt we never could pay, if we do not get the amount of money we were awarded, respectively. the district court and the judge.
- We are without options, and it provokes our legal awareness that you can win both the district court and the judge, and be left with "a bag of hot air". The carpenter has taken our money, and we have nothing for them. There was not left building materials, even the money he got for the roof tiles - is that never have tiles for, and therefore we have not even had the materials for further construction.
- We can not as individuals to make sure that he is going to stand in the Riebers, or as a public body would be able to do, make the attachment of his income m.v.
We got into the district court granted an attachment in the carpenter's house. But this attachment can only be translated into money for us, if we force a judicial sale of his house – and to get it, you have to pay 50.000,00 - without warranty. - For our money – both the 50,000, as tvangsauktionen costs, and the 276, he owes it to us - will only payout if the house can be sold with profit.
- What should we do, says Charlotte and Thomas are so desperate that they are reading in the comments.