Annalisa sand strom, 37, experiences the early 2000s to describe well the kind of women's homelessness is. Nearly always it is not showing streetscape, as women have a better safety networks than men: often the shelter to find a friend of someone I trust.
Four months in a different shorty in those years went, however, also completely under the open sky. It is typical just for the most vulnerable women, drug users. That Sandström was young.
- When you wake up to the fact that it was already a lot, I no longer bother to call the guy the door. And when that time I used drugs, I never even noticed the passage of time. You might suddenly wake up on the street or in the park the fact that, oops, now it is already morning, Sandström says.
Former homeless people tell the harsh conditions the day of the breast as a guest.Dopers familiar
sand strom's history is pretty normal homeless woman story. When Tracey was a child, parental alcohol use was a significant part of his life. Kontula suburb came at the age of 12 check out the angle of the rotating hörhöihin.
my Mother did work long days and spent after the divorce, the new boyfriend with a lot of time in the taverns. Was 12-year-old heavy find themselves alone in the evening at home, wondering why mommy was still home. The home also arguing was loud, it was difficult to wake up refreshed for school. Coded creeps with was also nice. I learned early on, that the external status, regardless we're all people, Sandström says.
elementary school Sandström got however carried out in the normal time, and he was still in trade school and graduated merkantiksi. College graduates even he could have completed, if the money-making salesman in a clothing store would not be interested in more.
once and for all life went out of control, when sandström what stayed without paying rent to her. Aunt had rented owner-occupied.
Aunt does not, however, gotten me evicted and not put the rent foreclosures, that the housing of the intake later would be difficult for me indications. He just broke the lease. Understand it like this afterwards very well: years left to pay nine months of rent, and the Kuopio region, the entrepreneur moved to the aunt's had to get his apartment sold. Even if I got financial aid and salary, go to my money on anything other than rent.women's homelessness is largely hidden homelessness. Men can physically deteriorate quicker, because the apartment without, women usually tend to keep care of their hygiene, Sandström says. INKA soveri drug-free for 12 years
the Apartment after losing Sandström try living together with her mother rented a private house in Vantaa. It does not sand strom's troubled life came to nothing, and the mother herself was at that stage already received their lives for the better management.
- We have with him today. Actually he is my foster mom and alcoholism diseases caused by already deceased father, my ex-spouse. I like him, however, as my real mother, biological mother I don't really have any kind of relationship. My foster mom has been all the time at work and did very well: even when he used more alcohol. He has worked in a large company as a secretary, worked for a year as an entrepreneur as well as a class teacher in primary school.
Life went in a new direction, when Sandström got his own apartment in November 2003 and sought after drug users in substitution treatment.
Drug-free life is behind for 12 years. Sandström has been operating for a year and a half Without Permanent Housing association, first pioneer, which led to an internship in rehabilitative työtoimen season. From may 2017, Sandström has been a peer instructor with the title in the same job in a wage subsidy, and obtained work on the correct pay.
Job Vepa is Without permanent housing in the association's peer and voluntary action center. There the homeless get food and donated clothes. Vepaan can also use the toilets.
- We Vepaan can go to the sauna once a week, Sandström says.
the Job will continue at least until the end of December. Before Vepaa Sandström was the last time official employed in 2004.
- however, I am not really in any between have been completely do nothing. I have participated in, for example, a variety of Vantaa youth workshops and been to school - and work-preparatory deaconess institute Avux-course, which lasted a total of one and a half years. Also, the drugs I used made between a variety of service jobs.Tracey Sandstrom went to the drug users substitution treatment almost as soon as he got the apartment in November 2003. Drug-free life is behind for 12 years. INKA soveri desire to help others
Current job Sandström feel meaningful.
- It is same heavy and empowering. Of course, no homelessness is not fun, but when you see other miserable situation in life, to understand ever better that you no longer want the same back. I've also always wanted to help others. Anyone can be marginalized and become homeless, some fall very high.
the Job Sandström have seen with my own eyes, that homeless people increasingly women. At best door in walks a day for about a hundred customers, and of them thirty can be a woman.
- When in the wheel of the homeless in the early 2000s, I might have been the only woman in the fifty-man crew. Now women can be like that among a couple of dozen. Soon it may be already fifty-fifty situation, Sandström predicts.
the Reasons for women's increasing homelessness Sandström find a lot.
Equality develops also a man can get custody of the children more often than before, and then the woman will leave or forced to leave home. In the past, homelessness has been seen almost exclusively with divorced and lonely men as a problem.Shower swimming pool
women have a better safety net, and then also place the guy can easily find. Women's homelessness is largely hidden homelessness, which makes the phenomenon difficult to manage and difficult for women to meet the needs of the development of services.
- Men can physically deteriorate quicker, because the apartment without, women usually tend to keep care of their hygiene, Sandström says.
the Homeless café customers most identify as being homeless already externally, sometimes perhaps by smell. Door to walk in, however, also a couple of women who outside no part in any guess the homeless.
the cafe in the corner of the computer, where one can go browsing email and taking care of administrative things. Digital technology is so far equal, that even a homeless person can have their own Facebook pages.
Then, when you couldn't wash up at a friend's house, Sandström resort fitness center and indoor swimming pool.
swimming pools, however, generally do not need to deal with the cashier, otherwise than in order to get the key to the storage locker. I didn't need the cabinet, when you dare to leave the shower a visit to for the duration of a backpack to one corner.My home value
integral part of homeless people are mentally more ruthless than a man. The woman is in danger of being abused or raped.
in fact, I had to experience them either, when I refused to go alone for the night anyone stranger. Anybody not homeless women need to go, you can always say no.
Sandström moved to march avomiehensä with a new layer of house home Vantaa Asolaan.
I love, that next to no bar noise and that the dog with the outdoor terrain as soon as open the stairwell door. These things I want in every way to hold on to.
Story has been published previously 18. December 2017.