As Munira Abdulla was 32 years old, she was involved in a traffic accident, where she sustained a serious brain injury when the car she was in collided with a bus.
Now it seems that she miraculously awakened after lying in a vegetative state for 27 years.
The typing of several foreign media, including The National, the BBC and The Independent.
Her son, Omar Webair, was only four years old and sat in the back seat of the car when the accident happened. Luckily he got off with scratches in the head, because his mother reached to take him up in her arms and shield him shortly before the collision.
Munira Abdulla was laid in the vegetative state, and doktorerne had no great hopes that she would ever open her eyes again. It was just until last year, when she regained consciousness in a hospital in Germany.
- I never gave up, because I have constantly had a feeling that she would wake one day, tells her son Omar Webair, who today is 32 years, to The National.
Omar has given an interview to the media to tell the amazing story of his mother.
My mother sat in the back seat with me. When she saw the accident was about to happen, hugged me to protect me.
Munira was after the accident led to a nearby hospital. Later, she was transferred to a hospital in London, where she was put into a vegetative state. She did not respond to anything and was not conscious, but the doctors estimated that she could feel pain, and therefore kept her alive.
After his stay in London was Munira transferred to the city of Al Ain in his home country, where she lived on several different behandlingshjem, writes The National. There she was, in some years, where she was kept alive and was given food through a tube. She underwent physiotherapy in order to ensure that her muscles would not be weakened due to lack of movement.
the Crown Prince Court (in Danish crown prince-right), which is an independent agency of the United Arab Emirates, came in 2017 the family to the rescue when they awarded the family funds to get transferred Munira to a hospital in Germany. There she got some medicine to improve her condition.
A year after that Munira was awarded funding to travel to Germany, was her son involved in a hefty discussion with the staff of the German hospital about the mother's treatment, and it was apparently his mother to respond.
- There had been a misunderstanding at the hospital, and she sensed that there was something going on, which affected her, the sounds omar's assessment.
- She made strange noises, and I began to call on the doctors and tell them that they should investigate her. But they found just that everything was normal. But three days later I woke up by that she said my name.
According to the komaekspert Johan Stender, who is employed at the neurosurgical department at Rigshospitalet, as one sees, patients wake up after having been in a kind of vegetative state.
- But of course, it is extremely rare that you see an awakening 27 years after, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
Johan Stender tells at the same time, it is typically patients who have received a blow to the head, which wakes up again, but it usually happens after a few days or a few weeks.
- There are stories of people, which was thought to be in vegetative state, but then, when they wake up, so it has not been quite so bad. Presumably, she has not been in a vegetative state for 27 years, but have had a form of consciousness.
- If she actually is awakened from a vegetative state, then it will be quite so unusual, beats Johan Stender fixed.
in any case, is Munira in the day back in Abu Dhabi again, where she is undergoing further physiotherapy to improve her posture and ensure the muscles do not are dwindling.