It is only a few days ago, that the DBU announced that the two FCK-fans David E. Bastian Møller and Pelle Elikofer from fansitet 'Copenhagen Sundays,' should be the leading figures of EM2020 as official hosts on the social media.
But already, Monday was the past.
throughout the Weekend, there has been raging a storm in the social media Twitter, where opinions from the one host, Pelle Elikofer, florede.
READ MUCH MORE HERE ABOUT the WHOLE STORY: See also: After Schmeichel-hatred and racist jokes: EM-hosts withdraws
It was ultimately hateful comments about ethnic minorities, islam and even an international goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, who put a stop to the cooperation with DBU.
Ekstra Bladet has tried in vain to get a comment from Pelle Elikofer, but instead have the two previous hosts, where their version of the affair on Facebook.
- Our work came very quickly to act on us as persons, our klubtilhørsforhold and whatever else we have said and written back in the time. It was not meant to be. It is been personally in a way we do not like, so therefore, we say stop, it sounds in a video, where Pelle Elikofer explains his views on the hate comments:
- There are some that completely out of context, have found some old things I've written and makes me in a way I don't recognize, and as people who know me, also can not recognize. In any case it is not at all representative of who I am. It is there where I think, that it was not so fun anymore, he says no to elaborate on how the comments exactly has been taken out of context.
Kasper Schmeichel got the rough ride of the previous hosts. Photo: Lars Poulsen
Schmeichel and islam for the shot
It is Facebook-comments from the Elikofer, that really put ramaskriget in time. Here stood Kasper Schmeichel and islam for the shot, while there was also room for a racist 'joke'.
- Now hate you just Go on even more - the little ugly Brøndby pigs! Make two magic saves in the final minutes in both matches against us and play in a club without any kind of honor... møgsviiiiin, wrote Pelle Elikofer on the Danish landsholdsmålmand Kasper Schmeichel, after his English club Leicester had lost 5-0 to FC Porto.
- What do you call a negro who can multi-task? A combi-negro? #sorthumor, wrote Pelle Elikofer also in October 2016.
On the official Twitter channel for EM2020 on Danish soil, explained earlier Monday that the comments were incompatible with the Euro2020's core values, but on Sunday, there were apparently no problems.
Here hilly on account of the EM-finals in each case up around the hosts. The message was retweeted by the DBU.
Pelle and David are selected as hosts of the pga. their passion for football and experience in communicating it. As all football fans have the P&D a strong attachment to a club team, but the work as hosts for the EURO 2020 is about something they are passionate about more than anything else: a championship on home soil.— copenhageneuro2020 (@copenhageneuro) 14. april 2019
But just 24 hours later, the standpoint was completely different from the DBU.
- Since we have been made familiar with previous utterances from the two hosts, as we can't stand within as an organisation, we are happy that their fodboldhjerter have spoken and they have chosen to withdraw, it sounded from Kenneth Reeh, acting director of DBU.
Kommunikationschefen for EM2020 on Danish soil, Linda Gaisie, provide to Ekstra Bladet that she did not wish to comment further on the matter and refers to the press release.
See also: After Schmeichel-hatred and racist jokes: EM-hosts withdraws
See also: New DBU-employed: Hate Schmeichel and make racist jokes