- We have today been informed that we will get the vouchers, in spite of we will not receive them.
- We had, of course, delighted to take away with almost all of our girls (5 out of 6), where the 4 adults, and for, as well as a few sons-in-law.
- We have once before raised with Sunweb, where everything went well.
so begins Danny W in a letter to the nation! on the in his eyes boring situation he ended up in. With more than 70,000 kr bondage at the party, so it looks cramped out with feriefinanserne. Danny is that he and his family are not the only ones who are in the predicament, but he seems the situation is intolerable. His letter - which Sunweb comments below - continues namely as follows:
- We think quite clearly that in this situation, it seems like they are totally indifferent to their customers and the rules in the area.
- Even if they are from the Netherlands, they should follow the EU rules, which say that they have to pay us back.
- The money that is outstanding, is a lot of money for us and since all of the 'adults' themselves, it is a lot of money for them, as it graduates, students and pupils.
- Sunwebs thinking about that we need to SUPPORT their business/survival is for us totally incomprehensible and nonsensical.
- They must go other ways than to seize people's money against the rules.
- Seven of us have now booked a summer stay at a campsite, and we hope to get a refund, so we have the opportunity to eat a little out and come out to experience the rest and Djurs sommerland m.m.
- We have also talked about taking the south in the autumn holidays, but it will only if we get the money back, writes Danny, who will not under any circumstances travel with Sunweb. But it comes he may - for, as you can read in the following answers, then the voucher-the decision is final.
the nation! have asked Deniz Jensen from Sunweb, where many of the voucher recipients, who complain. And if he can say something about how much money they have issued vouchers for, but he will not answer:
- I don't want to give some figures, as it will be something the competitors can use, he writes for the nation! and on the question of why customers get vouchers instead of money, reads the response like this:
- Here is what we have communicated to our guests that should have raised after the 14/4 – travelers before this date, we have offered below, or full refund:
We know that you have been waiting for news from us regarding your canceled trip. Corona virus has hit the us and the rest of the Danish leisure travel hard, and we are right now in an extraordinary situation, which no one could foresee or prepare for.
All are struggling right now to get through the crisis, and in this mail you will find our solution on this. We thank you for your patience.
the Government has adopted a stimulus package, which aims to save the Danish leisure travel for the acute liquidity crisis which it is facing right now. Although Sunweb Group is registered with the travel guarantee fund and operate completely in accordance with Danish laws, regulations and rules, Sunweb Group does not receive the aid package from the Danish government.
Sunweb Group has, quite legally, provided its guarantee in the Dutch travel guarantee fund, but can of cause not use the Parliamentary tools available, cf. the Danish travel guarantee fund. Even though the EUROPEAN commission requires that all travellers must be covered by the assistance package, this is unfortunately not the case.
In other words, it is not all Danish consumers, which is secured to the refund of their canceled travel by means of the stimulus packages that the government has negotiated. Sunweb Group sends more than 125,000 guests away each year, why it is highly strange that we are not part of a scheme to rescue the Danish leisure travel and interested Danish guests. We have, therefore, challenged this decision, but after a long struggle it has not yet managed to change it.
Both the EUROPEAN commission and a majority in the Danish parliament recommends a voucherløsning, which ensures that you will not lose the value of your travel, while you can be sure to be able to use the Danish leisure travel in the future.
An industry which, under coronakrisen has proved its worth, when the unexpected happens and comes to with the help of destinations and in the context of acute hjemrejser.
In the light of this, we see the vouchers or credit notes (vouchers) as the best solution, which, together with a wide range of benefits, as well as satisfy you as a guest, both now and in the future.
Your trip was cancelled due to. special circumstances in connection with the spread of the coronavirus. You will receive a voucher with the amount that you have paid for your canceled trip. This personal SGR coronavoucher allows you to book a erstatningsrejse at a later time, when it again becomes possible to go on vacation.
Coronavoucheren is prepared in cooperation with the Dutch travel guarantee fund SGR. Sunweb Group is a member of SGR. If a tour operator, who is a member of the SGR goes bankrupt, and you still have an unused SGR coronavoucher, the amount will be refunded by the SGR. Your money is guaranteed
if you Use not your SGR coronavoucheren within 12 months from the date when you receive your voucher, you can ask for a full refund of your paid amount, or the amount as not been used for a new journey.
It is expected that prices on travel are going to increase after the crisis, and therefore is associated with a particular price to your SGR coronavoucher, which means that you will be able to buy the same journey next year for the same price as in the year – see more here..
20% bonus – your voucher has higher value
do you Want a completely different journey, we will add 20% of the value of your cancelled travel on top of your SGR coronavoucher, which you can avail when you book your erstatningsrejse.
It is important to us that you are happy and feel at ease with your upcoming holiday. You can therefore completely up to 14 days before departure to change your trip at no charge for a second trip, but no later than 31/8.
When you accept SGR coronavoucheren, is you with to ensure Sunweb Group and our staff can continue to offer cheap travel, Danish guides and reassurance on the journey. We hope that this email clarifies the situation and explains why a voucherløsning is the best for all parties.
Get an answer to all your questions on the SGR corona-the voucher here.
The best greetings, write Mattijs ten Brink, CEO, Sunweb Group and Deniz Jensen, director, Sunweb Group Scandinavia, but what are you thinking?