In the avisspaltene and on social media enters the debate high for the time of three-part parental leave. The liberal big win in the Jeløya-platform get criticism, not least from women who believe they "forced" quickly back to work after the birth.
It was a great victory for the Left that foreldrepermisjonen in the last year was divided into three parts, even though I long have argued to go even further. I think the criticism against tredeling is both surprising and strange, " says the Liberal Guri Melby.Have changed the view VENSTREPROFILER: Sveinung Rotevatn and Guri Melby. Photo: Cornelius Poppe / NTB scanpix Show more
The former Oslo byråden is the board deputy member of the Storting for Trine Skei Grande. Together with another Left-profile, Sveinung Rotevatn, has Melby on several landsmøter argued that foreldrepermisjonen in likestillingens name should be split in two.
There, she comes not to do when Left again gather for united later in the spring.
- I want that as many people as possible to share the leave in two, but in the question of how far we should go in to claim this, as I have moderated me.
I want the application form from the Nav shall have the dichotomy as a starting point, but acknowledge now that it is too rigid to make this a rule that everyone must follow. There are many different job - and familiesituasjoner, something which does not at least have been made clear by the debate that has raged the last time, she continues.
instead, Melby give working fathers an independent right to take parental leave, even if the mother has not acquired such rights.- Fødemaskin
It was against the votes of the Progress that Parliament last year passed a resolution to expand the mothers and fathers quota of the parental benefits from 10 to 15 weeks from 1. July 2018. It meant that foreldrepermisjonen was divided in three and that the parents receive fewer weeks of free distribution in between.
On Facebook are opponents of tredeling gathered in several groups and in the letter to the editor and comments have criticism raged the last time. In an opinion piece in VG describes norsklektor and mother of two Christine Stangvik the situation:
- Yes, I know it is an exaggeration to compare the us with a fødemaskin, but that is how it feels when the politicians say that we women have to give birth to multiple children at the same time that they have put in place a new permisjonsfordeling that neither takes into account the emotions or biology.
Too far in the Labour party, who joined up about tredelingen in the year there are voices that want rematch. Fagforbundets leader Mette Nord and fylkesordfører Tore O. Sandvik in the county of Trøndelag has pronounced itself critical to the legislative amendment that Parliament has adopted.Surprised,
Melby says she is very surprised by the criticism, which is particularly sharp on social media. She shows, among other things to the government and samarbeidspartiene got a lot of jaws when the fathers quota was cut from 14 to 10 weeks in 2014.< p> There must be other roads to the gender equality Debate
- Then there were sharp reactions from many who believed that equality went in the wrong direction. When foreldrepermisjonen in the last year was divided in three, there were in practice only to talk about an increase of one week in the fathers quota from the level in 2013. In most cases, the mother will still have two-thirds of the leave, " she says.
the Left-top believes there also are many who forget the flexibility of the scheme.
- It is inter alia possible to take out the leave over three years, take it out of the graded or vehicles with unpaid leave. In line with the fathers quota has increased, so also has the flexibility increased, " she says.Would have dichotomy
Together with Sveinung Rotevatn, who now is the secretary of state of the Climate and miljødepartementet, Melby, on several occasions, we fought for the Left to programfeste a dichotomy of foreldrepermisjonen.- No, we are not kvinnefiendtlige
It came to pass, among other things, landsmøtene in 2016 and 2017, however, the duo lost the vote both times. Specific went the proposal to allow three weeks before birth and six weeks after birth reserved for the mother, while the remaining 40 weeks were to be divided equally between the parents.
Father must be a good negotiator if he is going to get more than fathers quota in the day. When the mother is experiencing that people look strange at you when you take less than you can, so something must be done, " said Melby at the congress in Tønsberg, norway in 2016.
Now she says to Dagbladet that the current arrangement is the best:
- Tredeling of foreldrepermisjonen is a good and balanced solution that is best for the child and for the mother. The child gets two good caregivers and mother gets more help at home - also in the long term. In addition, the fathers quota particularly popular among men, who also want to be more at home with their child.- One of the rauseste schemes in the world Debate