Since 2019 has the dolphin Delle indulged in Svendborgsund.
This much to the delight of many danes, who regularly reports for example Svendborg Harbour visit to see the dolphin, or who put pictures and videos of the dolphin up in the Facebook-groups ', Our dolphin in Svendborgsund' or 'Delles friends'.
One of them, who find pleasure in sundets dolphin-resident, is Maibritt Pihl. She is employed at Svendborg Hospital, and from a balcony on the department, where she has her daily walk, she and patients often see Delle.
- It is really nice to have a dolphin in the strait, says Maibritt Pihl, who is also a member of the Facebook group.
Maibritt Pihl looks from the balcony at Svendborg Hospital dolphin Delle between three and four times a week.
- It is almost down there daily. Often I say to patients: 'Try to keep an eye, see the dolphin out there in the water!'. It helps them to think about something else, says Maibritt Pihl.
Especially during the coronakrisen, where several patients have had to refrain from seeing their relatives, have Delle been a help.
- Many high-risk patients have been really bored of not being able to see their relatives. So it may just remove a little focus from their situation, that they may see the dolphin button in the port, says Maibritt Pihl.
- Some have even asked to get a pair of binoculars brought in, and before corona came, the people from other departments frequently to see the dolphin from the balcony, clay she.
Maibritt Pihl says, that there are many who care about the dolphin, and trying to take care of it.
- There are sometimes any, as sailing around with boats very close by, so we are many, who are afraid that it comes to harm, says sygehusassistenten.
the Extra Leaf has previously described how it has created anger, that several people in the motor boats, apparently chasing the dolphin Delle. The story you can read here.
How it looked, as Delle in high speed was being chased by several boats a aprildag in the year. Photo: Per Nykjær Jensen
See also: Hunting on the 'Delle': - It is cruelty to animals