Finnish sport has lost one of its great stars.
Just a 55-year-old is the former olympic star Matti Nykänen death.
It tells the relatives to the newspaper Seiska on Monday morning.
the cause of Death has not been announced, but opposite to the Norwegian daily newspaper the World reports Hroar Star, who competed with Nykänen, that this lived a hard life'.
- It is just sad. Nykänen was a great ski jumper. We hopped the together, but I didn't have a chance. It is clear that he lived a hard life and was a hard man in many ways, says the Star without to elaborate on this.
To Seiska writes his bereaved wife, Pia, in a nutshell:
- Matti died in the night. I can't talk more now.
Nykänen was above all others in the eighties and won four OLYMPIC gold medals and five WORLD championship gold medals as active. He is the only ski jumper ever to win all five of the sport's major competitions: Individual OLYMPIC gold (three times), individually (VM), Cloud Flying World Championships (once), the overall World Cup (four times), as well as firebakketurneringen (two times).
With 46 World Cup wins and he is the second most winning ski jumper ever. Only surpassed by Gregor Schlierenzauer from Austria with 53.
Although they competed side by side for years, came the Star never into the life of his competitor.
- He spoke only Finnish, so it was a little difficult. Several of the others also spoke English, but Nykänen stuck to his countrymen, and was difficult to get into at the life of the, he tells.
Matti Nykänen leaves a wife and three children. In total he married six times - with five different women.
in General, he was known for a distinctive private life, which often took place in the public eye. He was suffering from alcohol abuse and complained as late as a few weeks ago to the media IS that they have a far from good relationship with his children, which again would not let him see his grandchildren.
- Yes, it has been really bad over the years. I really would have wanted to see my grandkids, but their parents have refused these agreements, he said. the
Nykänen has also been on the edge of the law several times. In 2004, he received 26 months in prison, when he poked a familiar in the back, and later he got 16 months in prison after a violent assault on his then-wife, where he attacked her with a knife during christmas 2009.
- I understand that my life, the past affects people. But regardless of everything that has happened, I am a good man. I miss both my children, and my grandchildren, he said.
Sports and Games close to GOLD-the heroes: the Money, the secrets and the family
Sports and Games Here are cheap finds for your Superliga band's management instigated