There is nothing better for a business or a product than to get a positive mention on a big websites such as Ekstra Bladet, Berlingske and other Danish newspapers.
It has a big impact, if you get mentioned in the media, and the article is shared on social media. But it also has the scammers found out, and therefore increases the number of counterfeit copies of, for example, Extra Magazine dramatically in these months.
- It is unfortunately a very big problem and happens all too often. We are close to, that it is done weekly, says Ole Sloth, who is the managing editor of Extra Magazine.
112 - 8. jan. 2019 - at. 14:43 the Police go to war against netsvindlere: How will they help you
the Development is followed closely by the Consumer council Think, who on Wednesday sent a warning out via sikkerhedsappen My Digital Self-defense. It happens to help network users to better discover, when a laudatory article for bitcoins, or maybe a haircare is a common trap.
- the Fraudsters are inventing all the time new methods in the hope that consumers jump into the trap.
- Here is the new just that the fraudsters not only make a false advertisement, but creates a fake website in order to get it to look trustworthy, says Anette Høyrup, there is seniorjurist in the Danish Consumer council, Tænk.
- It is also clear that the language has become much more perfect and not just poorly translated English. It seems to indicate that the fraudsters have employed the danes to write the text.
- this makes It of course even harder to figure out.
Here are the names of the two genuine journalists from Ekstra Bladet used in a fake article about bitcoins. But the men in the photos have never set their feet on the newspaper, like the nation!-the comments, of course, is purely bogus. Screenshot
Her advice is to always behave skeptical when something sounds too good to be true.
- Of course, it is not true and should should be a clear warning sign.
- also Check out the website's address - is actually the url that the page normally, or is it spelled a bit differently?
- It is also wise to check out whether it is possible to click around the website as you usually do. If you don't, it's probably because there is only this one, fake page.
another sign that the website is purely bogus can be, if the comments at the bottom of the article is laudatory, and all is about how great the product or service is.
An extract from the 'article' reveals quite clearly, that it never could have ended on a Danish news site with just a bit of respect for themselves. Screenshot
Travel tips - 11. dec. 2018 - at. 22:11 Beware of the credit card: Here are the Danish tourists conned money from themselves.
the Problem is that it can be difficult to remove the fake websites again.
- It is terribly annoying for both our users and for us. And we therefore take no exception to the fat of the cases, every time we discover that we have been abused.
- There are not any cases in which we fail to delve into, says the chief editor of the Ole Sloth.
- We are trying through our it department to find out who it is here it comes from. It is just difficult, and sometimes impossible, because the scammers are really good at hiding themselves. It can happen, for example, know that links very quickly stops working again, which may obscure the tracks.
In the worst cases, sanding to a lawyer and sometimes the police on the traffickers.
- We politianmelder, if, for example, we can see that famous people are molested. Or when a case repeats itself, explains Ole Sloth.
And Anette Høyrup believes that it is an approach particularly Facebook can learn something from. Links to the fake websites is spread typically through a posting on the social media.
- Such as Facebook, which already cleans a lot out of the fraud, should look something more on it here.
Tech Police warning: Fraudsters have moved in on the web
12 good advice on IT security
Beat the brain for when you receive a strange message that seems to come from your bank, Postnord or any other that will have your username and password. If you are in doubt, so the key even the address to, for example, the bank in, instead of clicking on the link.
If you have the option to turn on two-factor verification on a network service use the feature. Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, and Gmail are among those who, today, offers to send you an extra code via sms or an alternate email address. Without the code you can't abuse of your username and password on a foreign computer.
the Network's biggest stupidity is to use the same password and username everywhere. Do you do it, are you a hacker's easiest victim. So they must just find your codes on an insecure service and test them on a number of other known websites. Change regularly the password.
Keep the operating system on your devices up to date, but also remember to update the programs you use. If hackers find out that you are using old software, they can easily exploit a security hole and penetrate on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
the Consumer council Think and Trygfonden driver the app'My digital self-defense'. The idea is, among other things, that you can be warned against the current threats when they occur. You can find the app for both iPhone and Android.
It can be a good investment to have a newer antivirus program and a firewall. The latter is a kind of digital bodyguard, warning you when there is suspicious activity on your device.
Check out you personal network services such as your email or online banking on a public computer, for example the library, you run the risk that others follow in your communication. Always Log properly out of public computers when you leave them.
Wireless free network while on vacation or other places in the public space is tempting, but also a big risk. If you communicate unencrypted on the network and log on to a free Wi-Fi network, can your traffic be sent through the attacker's wireless network and be intercepted.
Your private wireless internet can be a way into your computer. Without any code on your network you may also risk to be misused for the illicit traffic, which is routed back to you. Turn, therefore, the encryption on the Wi-Fi router and select the advanced password.
do you Share private information like social security number, exact address, email address, and other data on the web, follow the hackers. In particular, the social network may be a trap, because you feel comfortable – but the hackers know where to look for useful information.
Physical letters with codes and personal data must be destroyed before you throw them in the trash. Curls you just the papers together, they are easy to assemble together and pry in. Also, remember to lock your physical mailbox.
If it goes wrong, or you have a suspicion that you have been hacked, so please respond immediately. Get the frozen credit card and other things of value, that you fear has been intercepted. Use professional tools to remove the hacker's software and protect yourself better.read more Close