- I want to show the Danish society and the rest of the world that it is happening here, is pure torture. And Denmark is letting it continue.
How said Omer Hassan Sheik Muse last year for the Extra Magazine from his cell in Somaliland. Here he was in 2016, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for killing the 21-year-old Danish law student Jonas Thomsen Sekyere.
the Killing took place in 2012 in the meatpacking district in Vesterbro in Copenhagen.
in addition to 20 years in prison, was the Muse ordered to pay 33,3 camels to his victim's family. The judgment was in 2017 downgraded to ten years in prison by Somaliland's supreme court.
Omer Muse would like to have a new Danish passport so he can travel to Denmark. It opposes the police, because there is a risk that he will flee to a second country. Private
Now is Omer Muse on the loose in Somaliland. He was released in april, after acquaintances had collected and paid the price of the camels to the court. According to Omer Muse is the daily rate on a camel somewhere between 1000 and 2000 dollars.
For Extra Magazine tells the 34-year-old Omer Muse, that he has only one desire: to come home To Denmark to have his case tried by the court.
- It is hard to be here. I have no money and no place to stay, he says through a WhatsApp connection from Hargeisa in Somaliland, where he survives by eating with people he knows through his imprisonment.
the Culture down here is more open. It offers people home to eat with, he says.
Despite the hospitality has Muse, by his own admission had periods of both two and three days without food.
Muse is, by his own admission in regular contact with the Danish embassy in the kenyan capital, Nairobi. He has asked to have his Danish passport issued, but it has not happened.
- I got the message to travel to Ethiopia and to contact the authorities away. But it is difficult to travel from Somaliland to Ethiopia without id, says Omer Muse.
Directly when asked whether he can understand that the authorities may fear that he with a Danish passport in his hand could find to escape to a third country, says Omer Muse:
- I am, after all, still wanted by Interpol, so no matter where I go, I will be arrested.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------the Police: He shall not have a new passport The 21-year-old law student Jonas Thomsen Sekyere was killed in the meatpacking district in Copenhagen, and Omer Muse is still wanted for the killing. Private
the Danish police are opposed to the Omer Muse gets a new Danish passport.
Therefore, the question is brought before the Copenhagen city Court of his Danish defender, Poul Hauch Fenger, and the district court's ruling on the issue Wednesday.
- We believe that there is a great risk that he will flee to another country. With a Danish passport, he can travel where he wants. He has been on the run for eight years, from the Danish police and has not wanted to cooperate with us to come to Denmark in order to be prosecuted, says Søren Harbo, advokaturen for personfarlig crime, to Ekstra Bladet.
- If the Omer Muse really want to come to Denmark, he must take contact with the Danish police and work together with us to come to Denmark in order to be prosecuted, says Søren Harbo.
Somaliland regards Omer Muse as a citizen of Somaliland, although he has Danish citizenship. Somaliland will not, therefore, give consent that he be extradited to Denmark.
While Omer Muse sat in prison in Somaliland, were the Danish police originally an inquiry about the that Omer Muse wanted to get converted his punishment to a Danish judgment, so that he could be extradited to Denmark.
But the request was put on hold as the police in april got information on that Omer Muse was released in Somaliland.
- We have, through the Ministry of foreign affairs tried to be officially confirmed from Somaliland, to Omer Muse is released. But it is not managed, says Søren Harbo.
Omer Muse was after two years on the run arrested 18. June 2014 in Somaliland. In 2016, he got 20 years in prison for manslaughter committed in Copenhagen, although the authorities in Somaliland no evidence has been provided from the police in Copenhagen.
26. april 2017, set the Supreme court in Somaliland the sentence down to ten years in prison.
the Killing of Jonas Thomsen Sekyere happened 17. november 2012 where he was stabbed with a single, fatal knife in the heart of the copenhagen disco Hill in the meatpacking district.