- If This gets the green light for the restriction of abortion rights, we may not set us behind a new government.
the Message is crystal clear from the Young Left-leader Sondre Hansmark, which sits in the party's landsstyre. In the Left gives the national executive committee advice to the party's parliamentary group, which finally determines whether a new regjeringsplattform approved by the party.- Historical attacks on abortion on demand
therefore There is no Progress-the victory on the abortion that is small enough to allow the Young Left to accept it. No victory used in a hestehandel that Left to get through one of their core issues where Progress is disagree.
- For us, it is completely out of the question. We've said the whole way that we should not negotiate about the rights of women. We have also received clear signals from our own organization, " says Hansmark to the Newspaper.
The only thing that is relevant for you is when a potential assessment and a review of the abortloven?
- They may well have a study, but they must then also look at how one can liberalizing her abortloven, " says Young Left leader, who further warns against to open the opportunity to make abortion and other rights to a part of the political dragkamper.ERNAS DREAM: Five prevent are between Erna Solberg and her dream to become the prime minister in a majority rule. Video: Emilie Rydning Show more Show more Ernas two abortion-short
- One open a sluse. You go into the fosterreduksjon in this instance, one opens a Pandora's jar. It ends with discussing the abortloven each time to negotiate. We can't go in on a compromise that allows women to decide the less of your own body, " says Sondre Hansmark.
Fosterreduksjon, or tvillingabort, is one of the two problematic areas for the Sector, Erna Solberg in the fall promised This that it was possible to discuss. Fosterreduksjon is when aborterer one of the multiple fetuses in the womb.
The second area was abortlovens section 2c, which allows for abortion where "there is great danger that the child may get seriously ill as a result of hereditary disposition, disease or harmful influences during pregnancy".
Young Left is liberal when it comes to abortion and want free abortion up to week 18, as they have in Sweden.
- What do you think about that Erna Solberg in the fall opened up to negotiate about abortloven?
" I was cursed when I saw what Erna promised. There were strong reactions in all ungdomspartiene to remove the 2c. That we have a prime minister who didn't realize how much this means to people, we seem is really embarrassing, " says Hansmark.
the One that was not cursed is the KrFU-leader Martine Tønnessen.- MEANS a LOT: For KrFUs leader Martine Tønnessen it means a lot that Erna Solberg wanted to get Better in the face on the abortion question. Photo: Berit Roald / NTB scanpix Show more
I must say that the way Erna Solberg met us when we raised this debate, means a lot. The prime minister closed the door to a lot of abortloven, but opened the possibility to discuss the 2c and tvillingabort, which is very important for the Sector.- Tvillingabort not applicable in the 1978
Tønnessen went out in the NRK in the beginning of the regjeringsforhandlingene and pointed out that a prohibition against self-determined tvillingabort would be a great victory for the Sector. Although the disputed section 2c becomes upright, that His believes are especially problematic because they believe it opens up for sorteringssamfunn.the central party believes that the practice of tvillingabort not are worthy of Debate
the Progress and the centre party are currently the only two parties in Parliament who are opposed to self-determined tvillingabort.
the Labour party went out in the Newspaper yesterday and notified a new abortion-insurgency if there is some restriction in the right to tvillingabort.
In 2016, the Ministry of justice that the current abortlov provides women who are pregnant with healthy twins, before week 12, the right to abort away one foster and carry out the other.
After that, it has not been a debate about the topic. Until in the fall.
- This is the debates Progress have tried to raise in many years. It has been difficult to get in the media and get responses from other parties. One goes right in the trenches and talk about compromising on women's rights. 2c trades for example, is not about abortion on demand, " says KrFU director Tønnessen.
- the Intention when abortloven was written was not that one could remove one of the embryo without medical reason. When the report came in 2016, interpreted only one law. There was no political discussion. Tvillingabort also increases the risk of miscarriage of the remaining fetuses, " says Tønnessen.Abortion-the ultimatum
- you Can support a regjeringsplattform where the Progress does not get a win in either 2c or tvillingabort?
For my part, it is the whole that means something. KrFU has lifted the climate, the environment, international solidarity, and immigration as important issues.
For the Young Left is abortion however is a to be or not to be for a new government.
- There are many in the Left that is extremely obvious that they do not tolerate any innstramminger in abortloven. The national executive committee have already said clearly on the idea that they can't go with it. I want to believe that there are several who think it is extremely difficult, " says Young Left-leader Hansmark.
Partiledelsene in the Right, the Progress party, the liberals and KrF sitting still in the sun at Hadeland and negotiate a new regjeringsplattform.This arguing about