last night they got the children hospitalized at Hvidovre Hospital in denmark not only the visit of the doctor, but also of the capital's international architects, Sophie Hæstorp Andersen (S).
She has agreed to come out on a children's ward to see the conditions with your own eyes, after Extra Magazine a month ago be able to describe how the only two-year-old Olivia in march lost the life of væskemangel, while she was in the hospital just Hvidovre Hospital.
According to a pediatrician, who subsequently stood forward in the Extra Magazine, there will be fewer and fewer hands, more and more tasks and therefore it is just a matter of time before another child loses life because of errors.
At 17 yesterday afternoon met Sophie Hæstorp Andersen up at Hvidovre Hospital in order to follow a pediatrician through the evening until around midnight.
- Now it has just been christmas and new year, where we know that many of the practitioners are closed, and some of them do it may still. And those who have had open today, closes at 16, and then børneafdelingerne have the guard on the akutområdet, if there are children, there must be under the care of a doctor. So I expect that there will be really busy, she said immediately before the aftenvagtens beginning of the year.
It is not the first time that she leaves the region's offices and go out in the reality of, among others, the region's hospitals.
I will do it at least once a month and sometimes a little more often. There are 40,000 employees in the Capital Region, and many of them are located inside with good ideas as to how we can do things better. Most often, I am following with some of the employees around, and so I gather up with the management afterwards compared to what I have experienced.
the Two-year-old Olivia lost their lives during a hospitalization here at Hvidovre Hospital, because she was not getting enough fluid. Photo: Jonas Olufson
- You said in the aftermath of the Extra Magazine's article on Olivia, that you believed that there was a lack of hands in the health sector. When will they arrive here the more hands?
- In the budget we have adopted for 2019, we have set aside money for an extra vagtlag to all of our departments will and also in our stomach-intestinal-units, because we could see that there was too much of a hurry. And now in the process of making a analysis on all the children, because there are more and more children here in the capital, says I wrote in the Capital Region, and adds:
- My expectation is not that I am here and can conjure up either nurses or doctors to our children's area, but we are going to look at what we can do in the short term, and if there is anything we should do in the long term.
- In has already been adopted, to the hospitals in the Capital Region in the year to save 198 million, while there must be reprioritised for a little over 200 million dollars. How does it relate to, that you would like to have more hands?
- Yes, it is not always together, but it is still on the way, we omprioriterer some of the funds. In some places we have made savings, so that we can give more funds to, for example, our departments will.
Sophie Hæstorp Andersen has since 2014 been international architects in the Capital Region. In the night she followed a pediatrician during a aftenvagt at Hvidovre Hospital. In the monitor sense the beginning she asked up to the interview with Ekstra Bladet. Photo: Jonas Olufson
- So some areas have to suffer, others may be prioritised?
- Yes, it is because we are also at the same time the rising cost of medicine and need to replace the apparatus, so that, for example, the children can be examined quickly. And we also need to spend money to ensure the new treatments that come to you. All it costs us 3-400 million dollars every year.
- you Can say that about a year will be more hands on of the Capital Region hospitals than in the day?
- There will probably be several doctors and nurses, according to the statistics, it is the staff teams, we are hiring more and more of. But it means that sometimes, perhaps smoking a secretary, which would have supported the doctor's and nurse's work. Or it can be a physical therapist or some other, there are for shots, because they are not always seen as being a part of the core function.
Politically, we will constantly have to prioritize, and it makes one also out of the chambers. Who can you do without? And it is not always the case that the priorities are always the best, sometimes we also just find that we lack the secretaries or social assistants, which means that you can get the working to stick together for the other professional groups.