the Politicians in the Capital Region, takes it very seriously, that two-year-old Olivia lost their lives because of væskemangel at Hvidovre Hospital in the spring.
The responsible politicians are now queuing up to get on the night shift, after the doctor Morten Schrøder called them in Ekstra Bladet on Monday to leave the desktop and come with check on the children's ward at Rigshospitalet in copenhagen.
the Extra Leaf has been in contact with six members of the health committee, most of whom gladly accept the challenge.
Regionrådsformanden volunteered already out for the Extra Magazine on Tuesday that she was ready.
on the night watchman
Extra Magazine has asked six members of the health committee in the Capital Region, on the at the doctor Morten Schroder provocation will come with him on a night shift on the children's ward at Rigshospitalet in copenhagen.
- I am open to. I read it well in the Extra Magazine and thought that it could well be, I had to do it. I am very open to, and I would like to.
- I hope I get the opportunity. Now I have even night shifts, since I work as a nurse where I am alone with 15 patients. So I know how pressed we are out in fact. But I would really like him, and I can give a helping hand.
'I don't know whether it is necessary to come out on a night shift, but will not refuse it.'
- It could be you just got the eyes up for, you might be missing some hot hands and something staff. So if it can be an eye-opener, it may be fine.
- Quite huge like. I would always like to go out and meet our medical staff. It is there, you learn how it actually takes place, otherwise we just described in the notes.
- I would definitely like to. It is good for us to come out and see how the reality is. I have been on a children's ward before, but not during a night shift.
Christopher Buster Reinhardt (C), chairman of the health committee in the Capital Region, can't comment on Olivias case.
But he takes the subject seriously and believe it is important to be made sure that similar cases do not happen again.
- It is important that the employees that Morten Schrøder yells. So, we take of course a discussion, first and foremost hospitals, but also at the political level. We have also just given more money to akutafdelingerne for just by lifting them, so that patients meet with as many skills as possible, he says.
the Article continues under the picture:
Olivia was only two years old. She died of thirst, because of a number of errors at Hvidovre Hospital. Private
- Is the level lifted enough, to that similar will not happen again?
I can't promise. I hope not, it happens, and I hope we can prevent it, but there will always be errors in hospitals. But we must give the conditions, so we avoid the fewest possible errors, says the chairman of the health committee.
the Watchdog Doctor on children's ward: Sorry!
There is no doubt in the committee of the regions, that it is a tragic case, and that a part of the responsibility also lies on the region's politicians ' shoulders.
Christine Valley (V), a member of the health committee, working even at Hvidovre Hospital. When she read about the case, she was hugely affected, as it came very close to:
- The way we prioritize the funds on in the Capital Region, is completely mad. My clear solution is that we omprioriterer some of the money we spend on administration.
For the Finn Rudaizky (DF), member of the health committee, it is also clear that there must be improvements, and that should be followed up on the matter.
- It is not only a question of money. But it is in very high degree a question of a lack of warm hands. It is also a matter of the way it is organized out of the hospitals, he says.
the Politicians recognise that they have a part of responsibility. But Karoline Win (SF), who has been a member of the health committee in a year, also points a finger towards the politicians in the Danish parliament.
- There are some politicians before me who have been their responsibilities. Not particularly in the region, but at Christiansborg palace, where you have not taken the danger signs seriously. Alarm bells have lure for many years, but there is not someone who would do something real about the problems.
- It cries out for more staff. Both børneafdelingerne, which is hugely pushed, but also on other departments in the region. There has almost been cut quite into the bone, she says.