A demonstration in the north of Zealand developed Friday afternoon to disturbances, as the approximately 200 demonstrators took to the streets at the Udlændingecenter Ellebæk in Birkerød.
It confirms pressevagten by north Zealand Police, Martin Døssing, to Ekstra Bladet.
- There have been about 200 people out to demonstrate, and there are some of those who have had little difficulty to comply with our instructions, she says.
- It means that they have gone through the spærrelinje, which was set up to show where they would keep at. So we have tried to explain that they should stay behind it and follow our instructions.
At a time has the action at the Udlændingecenter Ellebæk evolved to such an extent that the police had to draw their batons and use them against the demonstrators.
- It has been necessary to use the spell to get the demonstrators to move to where it has been directed that they should be, says Henriette Døssing from the north Zealand Police.
Two people were arrested during the demonstration. The one, a 30-year-old man, was charged for failing to comply with police instructions, while the other, a 37-year-old man has been charged with violation of Ordensbekendtgørelsen.
the Demonstration is notified in advance. It started at 15 and goods under the plan to at 18 o'clock.
See more video on localeyes.dk.
the Demonstration is organized by a group calling itself the 'Close Ellebæk'. In an event on Facebook they write that they will have Ellebæk closed.
'most of The detainees at Ellebæk are not convicted or suspected of specific crimes, but is instead deprived of their liberty in conditions worse than most sentenced prisoners, in order to motivate or ensure the departure from the country,' says, among other things.
Also writes the group on Facebook, to the calls for civil disobedience, and that 'there will be legal support for those at risk of fines or arrests for the matter.'
the press spokesman Søren Warburg, explains to Ekstra Bladet:
- It (Udlændingecenter Ellebæk, red.) is a disgrace to the Danish rule of law. It is non-criminal asylum seekers, who are put in prison without any form of judgment, and we do not believe that is in order in the Danish democracy, he says.
- Why calls for civil disobedience?
- we do It because we with this here the action will put pressure on the operation of the Ellebæk. Civil disobedience is a broad concept, for example, we have smukkeseret the fence with chalk and made a chain dance with the police and various other things. There is a little noise.
- Could not focus on your case without breaking the law?
- We have had countless meetings with the staff in the Probation, and we have also tried to put pressure in other ways. Now we make an action out in front of the Ellebæk, in order to put pressure on the Prison says 'Close the Ellebæk's spokesman.