the Proposal comes from Gisle Meininger Saudland (Frp) in the energy and miljøkomiteen in Parliament.
Electricity is a basic good that we need to put citizens ' interests above the state's income. The progress party wants a consumer tax that can be lowered when the electricity price whizzes in the air. On the way, we can reduce people's total utgiftsbilde, says Saudland to the Newspaper.Reject populism
the progress party-are from Flekkefjord see for themselves that it will be one to two months in the year that the state in the future lowers the elavgiften because the electricity price is high. The measure shall be flat and are provided to all households regardless of income.
- But in the summer, when electricity prices are often low, no fee will be slightly higher than normal. This should be a good when the price of electricity is high, and only then, " he says.WILL DECREASE the EL-the FEE: Gisle Saudland in the Frp will have a more liquid fee. Photo: Parliament Show more
- This smells Right-populism a long way?
- This is not populism. To introduce lower taxes are good for the Right policy. We have always intended.
- Why not just decrease the elavgiften permanently? You are sitting in the government.
– Clearly, it had been the best for a Frp-heart like mine. But to sugar the pill for the political parties we work with, we begin with introducing a consumer tax that can be lowered. Then we started with the case, " he says.
electricity prices has been the subject of political debate in the winter. In line with sky-high prices, up to three times higher than usual, was prime minister Erna Solberg reprimanded in Parliament for not taking action.Bjørnar Moxnes of the power report: - Idiotanalyse price tag
the central party accused including the prime minister to raise the elavgiften. The centre party has even wanted a consumer tax which is somewhat lower than the government.
- In the winter we have been well above the threshold for an electricity rate I believe should trigger a reduction in the elavgiften, says Gisle Saudland.
He has made contact with the Ministry of finance, where the Frp head Siv Jensen manages, to a study of the cost of such variable consumer tax.
But I think it will not be so expensive for the state. In periods with high electricity prices, brings the state into much more of the vat on power. This is feasible, he promises.Skepticism
Stefan Heggelund, energipolitisk advocate in the Right-hand, turn your thumb down the proposal from the rekkekompisen in the Frp.
I understand the starting point for the proposal, but it will open up many discussions about when elavgiften going to be down and not. That is why I think it is better that you have a policy that ensures stable and low electricity prices over time, and that is generally suitable that the total tax and avgiftstrykket is not too high, so this government is doing. Moreover, reduced we elavgiften for 2019, he says to Dagbladet.
not Christian Cut, a researcher and associate professor at NTNU, and supports the proposal.
the System proposed here has some obvious weaknesses, although the intention can be said to be good. El-fee, as it is today can enough are criticized for not being the best way to bring in revenue to the state, but it is at least transparent and predictable, " he says.
- If you really want to reduce the avgiftstrykket on the power when the price is high, it would be easier to either cut in vat, he adds.Hard showdown with Vedums strømpolitikk