president of the UNITED states, Donald Trump stands firm on his demands for money, to a wall along the border to Mexico in order to curb the 'growing humanitarian and security crisis'.
In a speech on the night of Wednesday failed president Trump, however, to declare a state of emergency, although he could have funded the wall without Congressional approval.
- It is a humanitarian and national security crisis. There come thousands of illegal immigrants across the border. We have not space to take care of them all, says Trump.
- We want to make the UNITED states safer than ever, says president Trump. Photo: AP
In the speech, drew Trump a gloomy picture of a situation in which thousands of americans each year lose their lives because of crime coming over the border.
- How much american blood must we lose, before Congress does its work, he says in the eight-minute speech from The Oval Office.
Trump expressed frustration over not being able to do something about the ’thousands of criminals’ that finds its way to the UNITED states as well as the increasing drug and human trafficking.
- This is the tragic reality we live in. It is a crisis of the heart, it is a crisis of the soul. It must be stopped, says the president.
The american president gave the eight-minute-long speech from his desk in The Oval Office. Photo: AP
Trump attacked at the same time out after the opposition party, the Democrats, to stand in the way of a solution to the crisis by consistently refusing to vote for funding of the wall.
Trumps talk takes place in the third week of a partial shutdown of the US state apparatus as a result of budgetstriden. Trump gives the Democrats the blame for the situation.
- the State has shut down only for one reason: Democrats do not want to fund border security, he says.
Trump has demanded five billion u.s. dollars to finance the commencement of the border wall, which is a key election promise. Trump has previously said that he will force Mexico to pay for the wall.
President of the Trump looms on the tv in a bar in Encinitas, California. Photo: AP
The partial shutdown means that more than 400,000 public employees have been ordered to that meeting on their work without pay. 380.000 others have been sent on leave.
The recent negotiations on the budget bill in The White House has not given hope that a deal is closer.
Both parties have been firm in their stance on the border wall.
Trump will on Thursday visit the border between the UNITED states and Mexico, where it is expected that he would stress the need for a wall.
the Democrats: Trump is holding the nation hostage
president of the UNITED states has 'invented' a grænsekrise in its attempt to meet its hottest pre - election promise- a grænsemur against Mexico.
It takes the Democratic chairman of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, after Donald Trump called the situation at the southern border of 'an emergency'.
- President of the Trump must stop holding the american people hostage, and he should stop inventing a crisis and reopen the government.
that was the gist of it from Pelosi in response to the president's speech.
In the speech required Trump funding for the disputed grænsemur. At the same time, he stressed that he was willing to continue the partial shutdown of the state apparatus, until he gets his way.
Parts of the public sector in the UNITED states have been shut down ago 22. december. The shutdown has become a reality, because the Democrats refuse to earmark money for the border wall, and Trump refuses to sign a budget without it.
the budget crisis means that thousands of public sector employees are forced to work without pay. A similar number have been compelled to go on leave.
There has been more compromise, no money to the wall on the table with the support of both parties in Congress, but until now has Trump been firm in its demands.
Chuck Schumer, the Democratic leader in the Senate, took after the president's televised address space by generals Nancy Pelosis page in a reply to the president.
Just like Pelosi, he believes that the president manipulates the facts to get his wall.
- the President has chosen fear instead of facts, says Chuck Schumer, and adds:
- He has just used The White House to invent a crisis, instill fear and remove the attention from the chaos in its administration.