Run on the board, but payment will be done by means of the plate.
How does this sound Monday to passengers of Molslinjen that with the car on board the ferry to cross the Kattegat sea or to the Bornholm island.
The new system that scans license plates on the cars running on the board, is already working on the great belt.
Here 175.000 customers so far signed up for the solution.
- the idea is to make it so easy to book the ticket and get on board on the ferry as possible.
- We believe there are many who will avail themselves of it here, " says pr - and communications manager Jesper Maack, Molslinjen.
the Solution is called PayByPlate (pay by means of the license plate, red.).
to pay with the license plate must actively sign up for the scheme.
- If you have signed its license plate, then recognize the scanner when you arrive at the ferry.
- So you can either book a ticket or clear the payment with the registration plate, if you have signed her credit card to the scheme, explains Jesper Maack.
One has so far been able to use a similar system, Brobizz, to the payment.
PayByPlate is based on the same principle. But the technology behind the PayByPlate is more advanced, says Jesper Maack.
- We believe that nummerpladegenkendelse is a better and more future proof solution than Brobizz, which is an older technology.
- In essence, it is the same recognition, that happens, but it goes just a little faster and is a little more flexible, he says.
As business travellers can be run on the board in the last minute. Other travelers as they also have had to so far - come in good time before the ferry's departure.
the Technology with nummerpladegenkendelse is known, moreover, from the police.
Since 2015, the police have been allowed to set up cameras at various traffic junctions in Denmark.
It makes it possible for the police to get on the trail of any law breakers.