All jobs are evolving, and within the building and construction industry there are also constantly new materials, technologies and tools, such as the thorough workman, must learn how to use, and it often requires the training of one kind or another.
- If you want to maintain its own value on the labour market and also to develop the workplace, it requires that you keep up to date on the latest knowledge.
- Fortunately, there are a million opportunities, if you know where to look, says Heike Hoffmann, who is chief consultant in the field of education by SMVdanmark, previously known as Håndværksrådet.
Among other things, recommends she websites e-Guide.dk and the new, updated, adult education.dk, where both companies and private individuals can seek advice and personal guidance, both by telephone and in writing to the training courses that are most relevant.
- at the same time, training does not mean that all courses taken at the school in the traditional sense. Many of AMUkurserne you can take, at least partly, over the network, for example, distance learning and webinar. The most important thing is that you will be updated on its subjects, says Heike Hoffmann from SMVdanmark.
Heike Hofmann is a senior consultant with SME, Denmark. Photo: SME Denmark
many organizations and companies hold leverandørkurser, where a representative comes out to the company and tells about a new product.
- It can be a new kind of paint or oil, machine parts or the latest in taxis. It is often very specific courses, but it is a really good and easy way to become qualified on exactly that topic, says Heike Hoffmann.
eVejledningen linked with adult education.dk and is available to all who need guidance about education, whether it is secondary or continuing education.
The clever part is that you can get advice in many different ways according to the needs. You can chat, e-mail and get personal instructions over the phone, where an employee sits ready to answer all your questions, if you prefer, say HeikeHoffmann.
the Phone also has open all days, both day and evening, including weekends.
the Guide is also anonymous.
There is a sea of magazines, and depending on your interests, there is ample opportunity to get smarter. As is the metalwork, plumbing or joinery, so there is a magazine just for you. On free or pay.dk you can find a list of all Danish trade magazines, and any of them can also be read online.
- Many fagforbunds medlemsblade is also really good, there are talented and competent journalists, and writing articles. And then there are of course also forums for everything online, so if you nerds or anything very specific, so is the internet which, says senior consultant Heike Hoffmann.
- I would like to strike a blow for this website, it is really useful and easy to navigate. It is both for companies and for individuals, and even though the website is not completely finished on the field yet, can skilled use most of it, says Heike Hoffmann.
the Website also takes account of both reading difficulties and dyslexia, among other things, by reading the text up, and then there are also many videos that explain.
Here you can also read about the various training courses, search AMU-courses and much, much more.
There are many different ways to fund education, and because the rules are not quite so square, it also requires that you take a talk with its union about its possibilities.
- It comes totally depends on what agreement you are under, and it can be complicated even to put themselves into. Therefore, you should take a talk with the union, for they have complete control over what options you have, what you are entitled to, and how best to talk with his boss on getting more training, says Heike Hoffmann.
AMU stands for vocational education and caters to the skilled and unskilled. Typically it is a shorter course, which can be adapted to individual work, so as to not unnecessarily away.
according to industry certificates, which must be renewed within a number of years, you possibly can carry out its work, and it also happens in the AMU. But there are also many other exciting courses than the required, so for example, if you feel worn out, you can take a course in leadership and on the way get other work afterwards, says Heike Hoffmann.
Some courses are also available as distance learning or webinar, so you do not need to meet the physical up every time. Contact the local business or AMUskole to hear how the teaching is going on.
even Though it is popular as never before, to learn things by watching videos on YouTube, so it's not something that Heike Hoffmann recommends professional craftsmen to do.
- Here I will be very careful, for how does one know what they are doing in the videos, is the right way to do it? You could end up doing more harm than good, if one follows the amatørers advice, so you should at least use his critical faculties, says Heike Hoffmann.
However, there are also demonstrationsvideoer of example, the new tool, where you can see how it works, and it's certainly a cheaper way even than to go out and invest in it first.