Since Writing the other day reduced a great tech commission, was there a lot of harsh remarks to techgiganter as Google, Apple and Facebook.
the Commission's goal is to create greater debate and want changes in the way techgiganterne collects and uses massive amounts of private data about citizens. Data sold on to companies and others who would like to have the greatest effect out of their message.
In the same way the tech commission put the focus on where the tax payment to the multinationals ends. Today is the result of the Danish society is often a very low tax rate and giant profits, there is instead sent to the tropical tax havens.
It is this lookup that the Company chose to pay Facebook to show to more users.
the Views despite have Company no problems with to buy access to get its own messages out.
Thus, the elected president of Djøf Outdoor, Sara Vergo, to pay Facebook for a sponsored lookup, to hit the users who already like Writing on Facebook. And Danish citizens over 18 years of age. In the lookup link to an article in the Politiken newspaper, with the heading: 'Writing will weaken Google and Facebook and to strengthen citizens'.
- of Course, we are on Facebook. I have a politikerprofil on Facebook, because I is in really good dialogue with the members there. And when I will be sponsoring a lookup, do I do it, of course, to reach farther out. It is the way that Facebook works, says Sara Vergo in the day to Ekstra Bladet.
- Yet one can be critical of the way they work. And, not least, the liquid limits which today is, how, for example, Facebook user data and selling them on. It should tech the commission to focus on.
It is both persons who already have like Writing, and others over 18 years in Denmark, as the paid lookups. Screenshot
- But if one is critical of the way that, for example, Facebook is using data, shouldn't ‘vote with their feet’ and not to use and pay for exactly the kind of tools that exploit the users ' data?
- It is a legitimate argument, which I even considered. But I also must recognize that Facebook is a super powerful tool, if one is to be in dialogue with our members and the citizens. And as long as I can vouch for it I myself share, and it is on my profile, I think that it is ok to use them. They do not do anything illegal.
- so What is it that you hope to achieve with this tech a commission, when it comes to the use of our personal data to, for example, to target a paid lookup as your?
Technologies are going to fill more and more, but we have a tendency to be a little too indiscriminately just to embrace all that amazing, we believe that it can give us. The challenge is just that we must question whether the use of our data goes too far. And, not least, how they can be misused. It is important that we become much better to create a properly legal certainty on the many private data that is created and shared.
- the Argument will surely be that without the private data as Facebook gathers so you could not buy a targeted lookup to get your message out?
- Yes, and I have since also some clear limits to what data I think is okay to use, that I can make a lookup or a company may display an advertisement.
- For example it is not ok, if I targeted my lookup against people who have short legs, yellow hair or was stressed. And I also believe that users should have a greater right to choose the advertisements and the use of their data better than it is done today, says Sara Vergo.
Technology - 22. dec. 2018 - at. 15:09 the best of the Year in tech: Here are all the winners