Tottenham could Sunday welcome to the opening of their new stadium, since the club's U/18-crew won 3-1 over Southampton. 28.987 fans had found their way to the opening of the new stadium, which so far goes by the name 'Tottenham Hotspur Stadium'.
the Club's manager Mauricio Pochettino was also in place for today's match, where he in the break held a keynote speech for the attending fans.
It was an emotional argentinian, who took the podium.
- I have the same feeling as when we left the old White Hart Lane, where we stood and wept.
- Now here, first day at the new stadium, we have the same feelings. We cry again, because our dreams has come true, says Mauricio Pochettino, according to the Daily Mail.
Endetribunen at the new stadium is inspired by Borussia Dortmund's 'yellow' wall. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix.
tottenham's new stadium has been a long time coming, and the club has in the past two years, time had to play its home games in nationalarenaen, Wembley.
Tottenham boss thanked on Sunday the patient fans, as well as the club's owner, Daniel Levy, for realising the plans.
- We owe a thank you to Daniel Levy, for it was him, who believed in the dream, and he deserves a big applause.
- Thanks to the fans for having been patient in the last two years at Wembley, We know how much it means to be moved from his 'home', but we are going to get a great profit from it,
- White Hart Lane was magical, and this stadium is going to be one of the best in the world, says Mauricio Pochettino.
tottenham's new stadium has space for 62.062 spectators. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix.
Before tottenham's first team inaugurates stadium, the new stadium lay the grass for a show-match between Inter and Tottenham legends 30. march.
Pochettino can't wait to play at the new stadium and think that stadionskiftet can be with to give his Tottenham team a boost before an exciting end.
- We have a good position in the Premier League, and we have a huge challenge in the quarter-finals of the Champions League, but with our fans, 62,000, in the back, we can allow our dream to come in the semi-final. Why not?, says the Tottenham manager.
Tottenham will play its first match at the new stadium against Crystal Palace 3. april in the Premier League, before formstærke Manchester City await in the first quarter-final of the Champions League 9. april.
Sports and Games Forced sale: How to get Eriksen to Madrid