The south african runner Caster Semenya has had a distinguished career within athletics.
She is the reigning olympic champion, world champion and african champion in the 800 meter race and has also won medals in both the 400-meter and 1500-meterdistancen.
She has previously in his career had to take a test to prove which sex she is, to be allowed to compete in track and field competitions for women.
the Test results were never published, but Semenya was allowed to continue in the kvindeatletikken of the international atletikforbund, the IAAF.
the 28-year-old Semenya is born with what is called the difference of sexual development (DSD), a different sexual development. In Semenyas case, that means that she produces a high amount of testosterone compared to other women.
In november 2018 introduced BY the new rules, which restrict the allowable testosterone levels for female athletes.
Caster Semenya was consequently yet again in the atletikforbundets searchlight, who considered, that she could not grow kvindeatletik with his natural level of testosterone.
The decision, she chose to appeal to the international court of arbitration for sport, CAS, which comes with their decision in the next week.
be it enacted, that Semenya has too much testosterone in the body to grow kvindesport, she may have to take to take medication that balances levels of the male sex hormone in her body.
She can thus end up in a situation where the body she was born in, disqualifies her from konkurerre. CAS-the court is thus facing a big, the principle of the biggest decisions in their.
Semenya even feel that regelændringen is unfair.
- It is not fair. I would just like to run naturally, in the body I was born in.
- I is Mokgadi Caster Semenya. I am a woman, and I'm fast, said Semenya in connection with the publication of the appeal according to the BBC.
Caster Semanya together the other medaljetagere at the WORLD championships in London 2017. Photo: Martin Meissner
When the IAAF in the next week to present their side of the case in front of the sportsdomstolen, they are not out to assess Caster Semenyas gender.
- We accept DSD-person legal gender, and allows them compete in kvindekategorien
- But we believe that if you have a testosterone levels as a man, it is of great advantage over other female athletes.
- in Order to make competition fair in kvindeatletik, it is necessary for DSD athletes to reduce their testosterone levels, before they are allowed to compete on an international level, says a spokesman from the IAAF according to the BBC.
If Caster Semenya is allowed to continue in the kvindeatletik she can look forward to defend his gold medal in the 800-meters at the athletics WORLD cup in the autumn, to be held in Doha, Qatar.
Athletics - 13. feb. 2019 - at. 20:18 Seven-year-old sprintfænomen takes the world recordSports and Games - I will not continue if I don't win