The first-Cousin BR-store reopens Monday at Vimmelskaftet in Copenhagen, after several months of closure as a result of a bankruptcy.
In spite of the bankruptcy assesses detailhandelrådgiver at the consultancy Retail Promotion Bruno Christensen, to the reopening of the Cousin of BR with the Salling Group at the helm is a success.
- Salling Group has wiped the slate clean and have not an onerous gældspost, they must have settled. At the same time they have their stores Føtex and Bilka, where they can build the BR stores up, says Bruno Christensen.
After the first re-opening Monday, there will, in subsequent days the open-Cousin BR-stores at Fisketorvet in Copenhagen, in Frederiksberg Centre in Copenhagen, Algade in Aalborg and Bruun's Galleri in Aarhus.
According to Bruno Christensen should Salling Gruop not be nervous, that the bankruptcy will hit the Cousin of BR-in the shops again.
- When you get a chance to pill the best shops out and re-open them, as Salling has done, so that starts you in reality at a fresh with new chain and new setup, but with a familiar name, says Bruno Christensen.
the FACTS: IN these cities is resurrected Cousin BR
the Cousin of BR reopens next week in the first shops after legetøjskæden went bankrupt at the end of 2018.
The first five stores open in the next week. Here follows an overview of the cities where there are planned openings, as well as known dates:
- Vimmelskaftet - open 25. march
- Fisketorvet -open 26. march
- Frederiksberg Centre - open 27. march
* Aalborg, Algade - open 28. march
* Aarhus, Celebrity Gallery - opens 29. march
* Roskilde, Ro's Torv
* Hillerød, & a large shopping mall
* Vejle Bryggen
* Odense Rosengårdcentret
* Slagelse, Japanvej
* Nykøbing F, Guldborgsund Center
* Herning, Engdahlsvej
* Sønderborg, Stenager
* Holbæk, Frejasvej
* Andover, Mårkærvej
* Tilst, Anelystparken
* Randers, Marsvej
* Aalborg, the Lion
* Hjørring, Bispetorv
* Esbjerg, Gl. Vardevej
* Kolding, Egtved Allé
* Næstved, Vestergårdsvej
* Viborg, Holstebrovej
* Holstebro, Nyholmvej
Source: Salling Group.read more Close
Salling Group expects to open 26 stores, which is significantly fewer than before the bankruptcy, where the chain consisted of 97 toy stores nationwide.
the Director of the Cousin of BR in the Salling Group, Charlotte From the past have told, that the danes should not wait the big changes in BR stores from opening.
the BR's former owner, Top-Toy, was 30. november requested during the reconstruction, after the company had lost 149 million on operations in the last financial year.
As part of the plan for a reconstruction tried the owners of a divestment, but it was not successful, and after a failing christmas sales went the company bankruptcy 28. december.
the Background for the problems in the Top-Toy was, according to the company itself increased digitisation, a number of competitors and changed the legevaner in children.