the Snow lies in the many inches of height, and the ice is heavy enough that you can stand on the skates.
Although the eternal isvintre hear themselves childhood to, is snow and frost still something you as a craftsman will have to take into account, when you have to work in it. Many find their own solutions on how to best protect itself and its tools against the winter – but some tricks may perhaps also get the colleagues for the good.
Ekstra Bladet has asked Tom Ewers, who owns the south coast Paving & Sewer, what he does, when the temperature is reaching freezing point.
- We make the among other things, a lot of the sewer, and it is up and down the trails, down into the excavations, and so on. So one should not stand and freeze when there is 10 degrees of frost. Now has winter not been so harsh yet, but we do us a whole lot of thinking about to keep warm, he says, and continues:
- Often, we have of course also a man standing on the edge, which really just stands still. It is a sikkerhedsmand, and he should not suddenly stand and be cold. He must be able to respond in a matter of a second, if something happens.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------
- We have termotøj, which have become so smart that we can get the jackets with heating. On the morning we throw a new battery in the jacket, red.), and so we have heating throughout the day in both the shoulders and back. It's really cool, " said Tom Ewers.
- We have heating in the booths for our tool, so we do not meet to the really cold tool in the car. It is also a form of maintenance, if it is and become cold and hot all the time, so equip it. So it is a combination of both, of course, it is great to get out and get a piece of hot tool in your hand, " said Tom Ewers.
- part of our tool is teflonbeklædt in the grip. It means that one should not take hold of the cold grip or iron – depending on what it is for a piece of tool, we are talking about. A piece of cold iron in your hand is not fat, says Tom Ewers.
- We are buying really good wool clothing made. We should not stand and be cold, when we do our work. Therefore, we make much out of it. Also in boots, hats and gloves, " said Tom Ewers.
- In the cars we have installed a oil-fired boilers, so we can warm the cabin up on the days where we sit in the car. For example, if we are to get out on a smaller task, which we do not have a utility trailer with, " said Tom Ewers.
- When we are on larger tasks, we have selvføl-pally a utility trailer with the heat on. It is, however, not all places have it. Especially not, if it is just a minor repair, " said Tom Ewers.