Denmark is to be in the forefront when it comes to the rollout of 5G, which will ensure much higher speed and a more stable mobile access to the internet.
on Monday presented the energy-, utility - and klimaministerier Lars Christian Lilleholt (V) in Odense the government's action plan for the deployment and rollout of 5G, which according to the minister will be a digital leap
- Denmark must be at the forefront, so that we maintain growth and jobs in the technology field, says teleministeren.
5G will be up to 100 times faster than the fourth generation, 4G. It will mean that the mobile internet can be used for a lot of new purposes as, for example, driverless cars, drones and autonomous industry.
Denmark is to be the best to use, think a united parliament, which will therefore ensure a smoother rollout of the new technology than in the past.
Specifically, the new plan of action to ensure that the necessary 5G-spectrum will be made available at the right time, when telecommunications companies must invest large sums in the roll-out.
That will be needed to establish the 5G connections on many master, if the whole country should be covered. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
In the spring of 2018 included all parties, a new teleforlig, which has thrown the blueprint of care and must ensure a framework for the roll-out.
The major cities, and selected factories will be the first to get access to the new technology, which since being rolled out on a national level, when there is demand.
There must be kept the auction of 3.5 GHz and 26 GHz frequency bands to be used for 5G by the end of 2020.
the Transition to 5G requires that the infrastructure be enhanced with a significant number of new cell - and antenna positions. This will happen over a number of years.
the Blueprint must ensure that the configuration of the antennas become more flexible for mobile operators.
Why must the Dea prepare a new guide for masteleje and for the uniform case management for municipalities.
3 sharp to the TDC: - Lots of prospects in the 5G
- What the status of 5G at TDC and what should be done with the technology in 2019?
- We expect that in 2019 hears the starting point for the rollout of 5G. This year, the first master must be made up, this is the year where the networks and the products must be tested by, and so is probably also in the years that we will have the first 5G-devices, says Lasse Pilgaard, who is strategidirektør in the TDC Group.
- We have continuously tested the 5G, and we continue in the new year. We have a clear ambition to be in the front on 5G, when we see great prospects in the technology, even if the broad breakthrough still lies some years in the future.
- But comes consumers so as to meet the 5G in the year?
- Currently, the situation is that there is 5G-devices on the market, and that we have not seen firm plans as to when they come. And before these devices come to market at consumer-friendly prices, consumers will not have any joy of the 5G equipment that may be installed in the mobilnetværkene.
- So, even if we have already sent the first tweet on the 5G and expect to rollout of the 5G network takes off in 2019, so we do not expect that the broad breakthrough of 5G is coming either this year or next year, but that it is further out in the future.
- What are good examples of the use of 5G, we can look forward to?
- There are lots of prospects in the 5G – and, as I said, will be 2019 in the extent to which a test-year. Therefore, we expect to test some of the new solutions with our customers, including the 5G-based mobile broadband and new internet-of-things solutions.
- the Latter, i.e. the internet of things, is one of the places where 5G will make a big difference. We have for several years tested the technology Narrowband IoT (NB-IoT), and in 2018, the network was nationwide and it will create a whole new wave of IoT-solutions.
When the 5G technology really starts to be rolled out in the course of 2019, and 2020 in Denmark, we will definitely get to see more and more things that are connected to the network - and it will probably be mostly on the NB-IoT.
- The big revolution in technology is power consumption, that will be up to 10 times lower and thus will the battery life 10 times better. This means that our customers can deploy IoT sensors in places where it previously was too costly to change the batteries often.
- There is, in other words, many good reasons why we are already working with 5G, but it is also important to stress that the prospects in particular, is some years in the future.
- Both because the network has to be built, but also because the technology needs to mature, and the solutions need to be developed. So this year it will probably be mostly tests of 5G, you will get to see in practice.