The quadruple Tour de France winner Chris Federer is not going to put at the start, when the race is run at the end of august.
It takes Ekstra cykelekspert Michael Rasmussen.
Chris Federer poses together with a really strong Team Ineos-team to start in the Critérium du Dauphiné, which starts today, but Michael Rasmussen does not believe that it means that we are going to look the briton in the Tour of fear of internal conflict on the team.
- If you are to start with a man who has won the Tour four times, and have clearly expressed a desire to win the fifth, while running with Egan Bernal, who is the best etapeløbsrytter right now, so to avoid a potential conflict.
Michael Rasmussen does not believe that it is controversial to have a quadruple Tour de France winner available, and omitting to take him to the world's biggest stage race.
- He is still on the way out of the door. He leaves the Team Ineos after the season, and they are not interested in sending a potential Tour winner on.
Federer crashed just before last year's edition of the Critérium du Dauphiné. He has not returned to the same level, and therefore predicts Michael Rasmussen him not many chances to run his own chance in the Critérium du Dauphiné.
- Last week he was over the moon for Egan Bernal, and there is no reason to believe that it should have changed tremendously since.
Michael Rasmussen says that we can expect a wild race, when the Critérium du Dauphiné starts on Wednesday, 12. august.
the Route is up to an exciting race, and it only gets wilder by the fact that it is a really strong field, which makes starting.
- to run five mountain stages in a row, and it is a Tour de France field, which meets up. I think the winner of the Tour running around in the Critérium du Dauphiné.
If you are sitting and hoping for the big surprise, you can screw the expectations down a bit.
- After what we saw in the Tour de l'ain last week, so it can almost only be a race between the Team of Jumbo Visma and Team Ineos. The rest, I can only see the extras, says Michael Rasmussen.
He provides no other big star of the many opportunities to fight for the win in the five-day stage race. Their team is simply not strong enough.
Nairo Quintana, Miguel Angel Lopez, Mikel Landa and Tadej Pogačar may be some loose cannons. Get one of them the leader's jersey early in the race, so they have not the team to defend the jersey and keep the other favorites back.
Jacob Fuglsang won the Critérium du Dauphiné in 2019. He poses not to start in this year's edition. Photo: ANNE-CHRISTINE POUJOULAT/Ritzau Scanpix.
Jacob Fuglsang won last year's edition of the Critérium du Dauphiné. He does not to the start of the year, and thus see the chances for the Danish success are not so good out.
In total makes six danes to the start of the race. It is Kasper Asgreen (Deceuninck-Quick Step), Niklas Eg (Trek-Segafredo), Michael Valgren (NTT Pro Cycling), Søren Kragh Andersen (Team Sunweb), Mads Würtz Schmidt ( Israel Start-Up Nation) and Christopher Juul-Jensen (Mitchelton-Scott).
- The only way they can come into play is that the lead gets a huge amount of time on 1. stage. So they have some freedom to be able to run some outbreaks later in the course.
the Critérium du Dauphiné starts on Wednesday, 12. august and ends on Sunday 16. august.