Meteorologist Tomi Valtonen pulls out two maps from the Finnish meteorological institute, Helsinki Kumpula.
the Map describes the high - and low-pressure areas over Europe, from this day until christmas. The pictures are a little different, because the second is based on the american, another european weather patterns, Valtonen explains.
What do these models tell you? Looks good, says Valtonen.
– Looks to be a white christmas.
according to Valtonen, the christmas weather the attack is doing already for many weeks, because it will interest people very much.
currently, the Finnish above is from the east pushing the high pressure zone, which promises a light rain. Approaching from the west however in the following days low pressure, which säämallista depending on shifts at christmas in Central Europe or more east.
– If it the area of this swing, then this Finnish idolized by white christmas can still be in danger, Valtonen said.
Snowy christmas, however, seems very likely.
in the South, the snow will gradually increase this weekend, and the east can become more, if Ladoga above the moving squalls swing in Finland. Snow cover is christmas eve in the capital area 10 inches around and to the north, in Finland, in some places up to 30 cents.
frost, too, is the whole country. In lapland the temperature sinks below -20 degrees, and in the south even in Finland, the lowest temperature is -10 around. The nights are cold.
– there might be a real postcard weather, a slowly sateleva snow and frost, Valtonen estimates.
Meteorologist Henri Nyman having a still on display for a longer-term forecast. Nyman explains the polar vortex and the British isles over the impending low-pressure system. The beginning of the year, therefore, may well become warm.
– it's not certainly know in what direction this swings, but more clues can be obtained all the time.the meteorologist on Duty at Oscar Rockas follow the on-screen screen to the actual weather situation. Henri koponen warming visible in the North
climate change and extreme weather phenomena investigative group manager Antti Mäkelä reports that global warming appears especially in the north and especially in winter. Autumn moves from the former to the later and spring starts earlier.
– many of you will remember last winter which was cold and snowy. I had even then to answer your queries about what global warming is this, Mäkelä says.
Mäkelä remind you that if last winter compared to, say, 50 years ago, it was cold despite the short.
– you Have to remember that the winters here are really varied. It is warm and there is snow. Now when the climate changes, it variation moves from a warmer direction.
the temperature so you saw the still of year and the winter to another, but the average value drops. Mäkelä, volatility also slightly squashed, meaning the winter will balance thicker.
many of the bad change is also the increasing darkness and rain.
– the Finns dear in time for the dark below. The sun does not appear any more, and when the ground is free of snow, we have pitch black. It can have effects on many people's health.
When the temperatures with climate change are rising and precipitation will increase, so increasingly larger part of the rain will be water.
Mäkelä asked to pay attention to the fact that this year is coming to the world on the entire measurement history of the fourth warm.climate change and extreme weather phenomena investigative group manager Antti Mäkelä shows how winter temperatures in Finland are rising. Henri Koponen