- 'travelling to Syria in the summer holidays'.
- If you hear this phrase and not know where Syria is, you will get to ask: Not, where is Syria? It sounds as though it is a nice and fun country to travel to in the summer holidays. Maybe is the temperature comfortable?
- to Search for Syria on the web, you will find no pictures of the hotels and tourist resorts, but the images of destruction, war and corpses.
- We are not going to see people smiling, but the people who cry while they hug the bodies of their loved ones, killed by the war.
so begins Rahima A, who came to Denmark three years ago with his parents and now goes on the HTX-board at Herningsholm Vocational school, a letter to the editor to the nation!/Extra Leaf. Rahima is a kurd from Syria and has written the book 'the olive branch about the war in Syria, and she would like to tell you why the people of Syria can find on that journey home - and why they are not there. her letter spm you can share to all of, which cares for refugees and asylum policy in Denmark, continues namely as follows:
- Since Syria is a country full of wars and conflicts, is the question: 'How can people, who have come to Denmark as refugees, travelling back to the country they fled from?'
- It's the question that is being asked of the political parties, which works against the refugees, and their supporters. They ask this question with the ulterior motive: 'If you can travel to Syria on holiday, you can also stay there'.
This is a sentence I have read many times on the Danish people's party Facebook page and seen comments from people who want refugees removed from Denmark.
- Dear opponents, do you really think that those who travel to Syria on holiday do so because they want to spend their vacation and enjoy the summer in a country where the war is raging?
- Is the journey to Syria have been like to travel to a ferieland?
- You can't travel to the country from which you fled several years ago with the purpose to spend his holiday there.
- It is never easy for a man to return to his homeland, where there is still war and repression, and which has led to a both harsh memories and the worst nightmares.
- to be able to do that, one must have a strong reason for it.
- People who travel to Syria, make it simply not because they want to enjoy the holidays, but because they have family that still live there, and which they have not seen in years.
- It is not fun, if you haven't seen his family in years because of the war.
- Those people who travel in the middle of the war, simply by not, they will be able to return or not.
- It is with great risk, if one returns to the combat zone to visit the families.
- Whether they return depends on whether they are lucky or not. They travel to a place where death take up much space, and when they come back, people say to them: 'If you can travel to the place you fled from, then you can also live there.'
- Before the parties use this argument in the hope of getting more supporters among the opponents of the refugees in Denmark, they must look at the matter from a humanitarian side.
- family Reunification in Denmark has been very difficult and take many years. What should people do in order to see, for example, one's wife and children, was left for later to escape?
Humanitarian asylum seekers and people who came here with the family reunification, shall have the right to visit their families and relatives, who live in war zones, because they would not be in danger of being arrested in Syria.
- My grandparents are in Syria now and has it really bad.
- They suffer from many diseases.
- We can not make family reunification to them, and at the same time, we must not visit them. There are no nursing homes, where they live, and they do not have someone to take care of them, since my father is the only son in the family.
Dear readers, what we syrians have experienced is not fun. It hurts when you have thousands of harsh and eerie memories of the war inside your head. - It hurts, when you feel that you are not welcome in the country you fled to. It hurts when every day experience, that some politicians are harassing us and fighting to send us back to war and death, as if we ourselves have chosen to be a victim of the war.
- It hurts, when you feel that some people would rather hear from the politicians against the refugees and not on us.
- We are standing in front of an unknown future for us and our family and relatives, who still live a precarious existence in Syria.
I hope that people judge from the reality no matter what the politicians say.
We must listen to the people, who travel, and ask them why they travel to the insecure Syria, before we say to them: 'If you can travel to Syria on holiday, so you can also stay there'.
- the Truth is not that the war in Syria is connected, that the refugees will not return to Syria. The truth is quite the opposite.
- the Truth is that the majority of the refugees would very much like to return to Syria, because of the difficulty and enemy decisions they face in Denmark. But they can't, because the war is not over.
- Dear politicians, who use every case to let the american people hate us and don't bother us in Denmark, to you I would like to say: Let us live in peace and love with the Danish people.
- They are Danish, and we are foreigners, but we are all people who feel the same, whether it is fear of death or joy at a good life together with other people, writes Rahima.