Pay a fixed amount each month and get rid of unforeseen expenses for service and repair on your car.
that is The idea behind the service agreements, as most dealers of new cars offers, and it may be common sense in. However, it is not necessarily a good business for you as a car owner, and there are a several things that you need to be aware of, before you sign it.
There is also a difference in the monthly price, depending on model and driving, and how long the agreement will run.
for example, If you are the happy owner of a new VW Polo 1,0 TSI 90 hp, you can get a deal that will run over 36 months and 15,000 miles per year for 199 dollars per month. But if you intend to keep the car and deal longer, the price will rise gradually. If you choose a service contract of five years, it will for example, cost 387 dollars per month, and at six years old tops the price with 493 dollars each month – which therefore must be paid from day one.
At Peugeot, it costs 229 dollars per. month to have a service on a 208 Puretech 82 'Envy' in three years and 15,000 miles, and the price rises here for 479 dollars, if you want to keep both the car and the service agreement for five years.
in all cases It is an amount that must be settled from the first month you own the car. This, despite the fact that you're at least two years are covered by the manufacturer's warranty and in the first years, hopefully, only get expenses for a handful of servicing, which is typically located at about 3000 crowns the piece.
On the other hand, you could also regard the agreement as a partial extension of the warranty and an insurance against unforeseen expenses. At the same time, there are also roadside assistance and mobility services to the authorized service.
see press officer Hanne Sorensen, that several customers are included in the service and reparationsaftalerne.
- We are experiencing an increasing demand on our service agreements. And since the Peugeot 208 is the best-selling model, is that, quite naturally, of great interest for the servicing for this model, she says.
Hanne Sørensen believes that the customers choose the agreements for several reasons. It's all according to her both that the prices are attractive, and that you want to have a leash in the cost.
- the Trend is that customers require visibility of their costs, she says.
In the FDM is a general reticence across the service agreements. Casper Schad is an attorney in bilistorganisationen, and he points out that there are both advantages and disadvantages of the agreements.
- the Advantage is that you know the budget with certainty and do not get months with zero dollars in expenses and perhaps some with 10,000 dollars, he says, and adds:
- It may be an advantage, if you have a car, which is the repair and servicekrævende.
Remember!Consider how long you need the car.Rain on your expenses, and what you get in return.Carefully review the contract, so you are not surprised.
one should however also keep in mind that the price advantage disappears, for example, if you terminate a long appointment ahead of time. In addition, in some cases you have to commit on other points than just the time.
- Some of the agreements binds the customer for a long time to a certain brand or shop, and it can be a problem if you move or are in disagreement with the workshop, he says.
Casper Schad therefore has one clear advice on what you should do before you sign a service agreement. It is in all simplicity to find the calculator above and see if the same upfront cost pays for itself home.
- most of The experience enough to pay more than they get. You need to be aware of the price in the agreement and what it covers. Often, it can better pay to put money in the bank. The prices should reflect to a greater extent, to you as the customer binds himself to use the same workshop over a period of time, he says.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------Put yourself thoroughly into things
FDM get a lot of inquiries from members who are surprised that the specific repairs or components not covered by the service and reparationsaftalen.
- When we take the time to read the contract, it often turns out that the repairs are not covered, and so are people disappointed, says Casper Schad, who is an attorney at bilistorganisationen.
also seen a number of examples of cars with service contracts have been given an inferior treatment, because it would then cost extra for the workshop.
We are experiencing, in many cases, the workshops do not make effort, when there is talk about service contracts. We've got cars in, which hung in tatters. Therefore, we recommend also a great review of the car at an independent repair shop, before it was delivered, or the service agreement expires, says Casper Schad.
it is also important that you can get out of the contract with one month's notice of termination, if one's situation changes. In turn, the contract must be irrevocable from the dealers ' side.
We have seen situations where dealers have terminated a contract, if a customer was an expensive acquaintance, or at the time when the car started to get the risk of expensive repairs, he says.
In the same way, FDM seen cases where the dealer has called the car owners, who came out of the agreement before the time, having to pay extra, if there had been more expenditure on the car, than there was a paid subscription.
- of course we can not accept, because it undermines the agreement, says Casper Schad.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------the Difference in the details
Even though the service contracts as a starting point covering the same, there may still be a difference in the details in the agreements. It shows a review of the conditions at the Volkswagen and Peugeot.
covers the agreements mostly, which includes service, repairs and daily worn as bulbs and wiper blades. But there are also exceptions: the New diesel cars for example have filled the AdBlue tank up from time to time in order to be able to run, and here is only filling in connection with the service of Volkswagen.
Partikelfiltret, which must be changed very rarely, is not covered.
you're guaranteed a free replacement vehicle during servicing, while you have to pay for the repairs. Lånebilen is already included by some of the dealers of the two brands, but far from all.
Peugeot has also a five percent discount on the service agreement, if the car is financed through Peugeot.