Although many countries in southern europe opens borders, so the danes can forget about getting under the southern sun in the summer.
As it came forward at a press conference today, then it opens the government up to the border to Norway, Iceland and Germany. The ministry of foreign affairs advises against travel to all other countries.
And in the following adm. director at the Danish Travel agency Association Lars Thykier so was Mette Frederiksen's announcement the worst.
- I am shaken. I had before the press conference been running various scenarios through my head and grundskræk scenario it was, Mette Frederiksen presented.
- We had hoped that the whole of the EU opened up to each other the 15. June. Here's announcement means that our entire industry will shut down over the next few months. The summer is gone. People do not want to book something.
Lars Thykier at the same time stressing that people - who have booked a journey - can take it quite calmly.
- the Customers can be absolutely quiet, they get the money again. But you are allowed to write, that they must have a little patience. It can take some time. It is really a lot of money to be paid back. It is 4 to billion. crowns just on leisure travel in the period of time that is coming now.
And if some companies go bankrupt, so the money will come from the fund. (Rejsegarantifonden, red.)
What is it here to mean for the travel industry?
It comes a little way on, there will come a new aid package. Comes the not so very many shut down. Travel agents must both pay a lot of money back, but at the same time also operate. It is, after all, only those who have specialized in Germany, Norway and Iceland, which are not konkurstruet.
- There are 600 travel agencies in Denmark - and how many there are left, when the here show is over is hard to say, but at least it is not all that survive, says Lars Thykier.
open the borders
Spain has for many years been the Danish absolute favorite destinations. The country has been extremely hard hit by the covid-19 with 27.119 death, but now lightens it.
Prime minister Pedro Sánchez announced recently at a press conference, that the country from July will open for tourists again.
- From July, the tourism sector will be able to be resumed under secure conditions. We will guarantee that tourists are not exposed to risk or give rise to any risk for us.
Italy has nearest been synonymous with how hard covid-19 can hit a country. Friday morning had 33.142 italians lost their lives to the virus. Italy's prime minister, Giuseppe Conte, however, has now announced that the spread of infection is so much under control that you already have 3. June will open the borders for in the first place EU citizens.
France, going a little more cautiously. Prime minister Edouard Philippe has announced that from 15. June will look at how you can begin to open the borders.
28.665 persons have so far died of covid-19 in France.
With 175 deaths, Greece has not be as hard hit by the covid-19 as the neighbouring countries.
According to the Danish embassy in Greece, the country will from 15. June open for tourists from 20 selected countries with low covid-19-smitteforekomster.
It is not yet been announced exactly which countries it is, but among other were some of the northern countries as well as Germany, Israel and Bulgaria be included.
Germany is crucial for the danes, who will put the nose toward Southern europe in the car.
According to the news agency DPA, it is expected that the German federal government will reopen the borders 15. June.
8472 German is the dead of covid-19.