- The 22/2 I got a parking charge, when I was in the process of removing an old, very bad walking client who was going to the ophthalmologist at the address: Lyngby Hovedgade 57D.
- I could no shelf find at the address.....the old lady could only move with the dragging-feet - by means of two sticks – very, very slow and clear the trouble (this I had seen by the pick-up of the lady).
- And was even the lady very poorly sighted – she had a time in the 'eye clinic', where she had to have surgically removed a tumor in the eye.
so begins Lars E the letter he sent to the Lyngby-Tårbæk Municipality, on the in his and the older lady's sick, the eyes of the law so tawdry treatment he was subjected to at the end of February.
the Municipality considers - as you can read below the response he has received - not that there is anything wrong with the P-tax, but it believes Lars, who is saddened by the fact that there apparently is no space for kindness and helpfulness in Denmark longer. His letter continues thus:
- As a taxi driver I am running with many elderly people, who need to be helped in the context of egress and marketing ...... and I do of course.
- I deal with the elderly, as I'd want to be treated, when it becomes my turn to be helped!
- I'm VERY sad to experience the lack of understanding as parkeringsvagterne showed the opposite lady, who one spoke with and the lack of discretion that was shown. - I think the old lady was totally overlooked, and I was imposed on a, in my eyes, unfair parking fee!
- I know that I must not stop on the bike path, and that the guards trying to do their work so well, they can (as I did). But I'm thinking of.....what would I have done differently?
- Thinking that it is VERY sad, if society wants to punish me for having devoted the lady, with dignity, writes Lars, who also notes that he and the older lady was in the taxi during the sale, and that the engine was running and that the P-guards has NOT kept the car under observation, but almost came running and went straight to the 'action'.
the nation! have talked with the older lady, who wishes to remain anonymous, and she confirms that she needed help to get from the taxi and went to the eye clinic, and she thinks it is a pity for Lars, he must pay a fine of $ 500.
But what are you thinking about? The municipality seems not that Lars should be allowed to stay on the bike path in front of the eye clinic, just because he has to put a bad walking lady at 96 years of.