On christmas eve, the doors will to Sundbyberg swimming pool to be open for anyone who does not have someone to share christmas joy with. The one who is alone can come by to get food, mulled wine and a hot shower.
– It heats up to be able to share what you have, " says gruppchefen Frank Marin.
For the seventh year in a row, the who's homeless or just feel alone during the christmas eve get to Sundbyberg swimming pool, which is in the Middle of previously written about.
Clock 09-12 volunteers will be on site and bid on the christmas spirit for those who have no roof over your head or friends to celebrate with.
Frank Marine, squad leader, has worked at Sundbybergs simhall since the year 2014 and tells that the initiative has been hugely appreciated over the years he worked there.
– before we open at nine o'clock, there is a queue with scores of people waiting to get in and get warm.
When people come in to the swimming pool, they get a hygienkit, are treated to a huge buffet ”christmas-good” and are given the opportunity to take a shower or a bath. In addition, put it on the cutting for the feel of that dress.
– You will be well looked after with us, Frank says to Aftonbladet.1 of 4 | Photo: PRIVATE. Frank Marine, squad leader at Sundbybergs simhall, ”Everyone wants to help the”Growing initiatives
During the day, it is only the volunteers who work and the initiative has become bigger year after year.
this year, the swimming pool and had to limit the number of volunteers. There are individuals who would like to help with serving, hairdressers who want to style the hair, and companies that in any way want to contribute.
– All want to help, it is incredible, " says Frank.
the Swimming pool has also a collection before christmas eve and there wont be many items that come in. These are free to take with you if you need.
– from Here, you go and is happy, says Frank.”It's great to be able to share with him”
Frank believes that you do not need to look very far to see that there are people who do not have the same opportunities as even yourself.
– The security that many of us take for granted, there are many who do not. Actually it is not so difficult to do something about it and it warms to be able to share what you have, " says Frank.
For Frank, it is a question of dignity and being able to see and to be there for people.
– Except that they can come here and get warm so that they are cared for and respected, " says Frank.