a Great many schoolchildren to get to and from school without the due of an adult, and it sharpens the requirements for the vehicle drivers attention.
45 percent of the 5-12-year-old children transport themselves to school without the due of an adult, shows a study from the Council for Safe Traffic, and TrygFonden. 'Take good care of them', reads the message of a nationwide skolestartskampagne.
It informs the Council for Safe Traffic, in a press release.
Soon open its schools again after the summer break, and in this connection, will the police stand ready with the controls, like a nationwide campaign from the Council for Safe Traffic, TrygFonden and 95 municipalities will remind road users to slow down and be extra aware of the many children who go on the roads.
A new study shows that a high proportion of children walk or cycle on its own. The survey is conducted by Epinion on behalf of the Council for Safe Traffic and TrygFonden among the 369 parents with children aged 5-12 years.
45 percent of parents with children aged between 5-12 years is in the study 'yes' to the question about, their child often carrying herself in school without the following of an adult. Also indicates 30 percent of parents of 5-9-year-olds, that their child often carrying themselves without an adult by his side.
- It is important that we all show extra consideration to children, as they can react impulsively when they move on the roads. Children may find it difficult to assess whether they can achieve to cross the road, if the cars drive too fast, says Petrea Overgaard Busck, consultant of the Council for Safe Traffic, in a press release.
- So decelerate, drop the cell phone behind the wheel and keep an eye on the children. Not only just in front of the school, but on all roads, she says.
See also: More are being killed in traffic: - There is reason to be concerned
In a survey earlier this year said 18 percent of the surveyed motorists, they had come to that speed on a road safety up to several times within the last three months.
in Order to get more people to respect the speed limits on the skolevejene implements the Council for Safe Traffic, TrygFonden and 95 municipalities from Monday, 10. august and the end of the month the nationwide campaign 'Children on the move'. With posters on the skolevejene encouraged drivers to keep an eye on your children and show respect. As support for the campaign to implement the police districts also vehicle checks on skolevejene from the 10.-28. august.
Through the years fortunately, it succeed to reduce the number of children coming to harm in the traffic, because many users show respect, and because more and more kids have learned how to take care of themselves. If the development must continue, it is important to even more slow down and show respect to the children, and that there still is a focus that the children learn to move safely in traffic, says René Højer, head of the TrygFonden.
Train skolevejen to foot:
- Select a safe route. It is the route where you will cross the fewest times, and where there is least traffic.
- Go the route many times together and agree on simple rules for what the child should do in the different locations.
- Repeat the rules, you have practiced: Stop at the curb, you look for to both sides, check that the cars stop before you go over for the green.
Train skolevejen on the bike:
- Even if your child is not ready to ride alone yet, you can use skolevejen to cycle together, if the traffic is suitable for it and your child is ready. It is you who can best evaluate it.
- Choose a safe cycling route, where you cross the road the fewest times, and where there is a bike path.
- Let your child run inside or at the front - so you can keep an eye on it.
- to in good time, before In turn.
- Teach your child to give signs, when to turn or stop.
- Stop and see you good for before crossing a road. Remember, your child needs longer than you to put in the time. Some places might pull over.
- Remember cykelhjelmen. The best way to get your child to use the bicycle helmet, is if you do it yourself.
See also: Drivers and cyclists meetings are now this sign.