2. division is back, and as a special offer, you can now see the end game free. Follow your heart, follow your club and get access here
Are you already a PLUS customer, you'll see fighting here
the Golfer Thorbjørn Olesen is sorry that he has brought himself in a penibel situation, which has been there to put his golfkarriere on the break.
It says Thorbjørn Olesen at a press conference Wednesday afternoon, after he played his first round of Jyske Bank, the Danish PGA Championship, which is his first golf tournament in 11 months.
- I am incredibly sorry for what has happened. I would like to say sorry to all the danes that have supportet me in a long time. It is not something I would have needed to be done, and I am incredibly sorry, says Thorbjørn Olesen at the press conference in a video shown on TV3 Sports website.
29. July 2019, he was arrested in Heathrow airport in London after a flight from Nashville to London because of accusations of inappropriate behaviour.
Later, he was charged with 'sexual assault on a female', which covers over contact of a sexual nature without consent, 'assault by beating', which in English law covers an assault of lesser gravity, as well as to be drunk on the plane.
He has at several hearings, declared himself innocent of the three conditions, he is accused of.
Earlier on Wednesday informed the olesen's attorney, Paul Morris, to Ritzau, that the dane's trial, first scheduled for 6. december 2021.
Read about both up - and downturn: Sports and Games Thorbjørns grotesque flight: Here is his wild career
Thorbjørn Olesen hopes that he will not be suspended on the European Tour and the PGA Tour in a year and a half more.
- I can only say that the trial is set to december 2021, and I can't say so much more. I hope of course that I get to come out and play again, says Olesen.
on Wednesday he went first round in the tournament, which has been called an unofficial Danish championship for professional, in pairs.
This places him in the heavy end of the golffeltet, but it is not necessarily a bad start when seen in the light of a year where the gulf have admitted Olesen much less than normal.
- I have not kept the gulf by just. I have basically not played golf in a year. I played a week's time in november in Spain and then I played in the last few weeks - it's the golf, it has become in the last year.
- Since I started to golf, I have never tried anything like this, where I haven't played in so long. It is difficult and hard, says Thorbjørn Olesen.
See also: Thorbjørn makes a comeback