- One of the most miljøfiendtlige industriprosjektene in the shop, " says Naturvernforbundet after the government has said yes to mining in Kvalsund.
Director Shirley Ash Lundberg alerts match.
- the Funds of the gruveslam will kill all life on the seabed in the deponiområdet, and it can prevent spawning and growing up in a much larger area. This decision shows to the full that the government was not taking the fight for the protection of life in the sea seriously, " says Lundberg of the NTB.Civil disturbance
And sametingsrådet have announced that they are going to use the opportunity to appeal the decision to the King in council.
Young Left-leader Sondre Hansmark has plans to link itself firmly to prevent mining in Kvalsund in Finnmark.
- Now we have to stop to dump millions of tons of crap in the fjords, " says Hansmark after that Thursday was clear that the Ministry has given driftskonsesjon to Nussirs kobberutvinning in Kvalsund. The mining operations involves the storage of mine waste on the bottom of the Repparfjorden, he says to NTB.
- This is not over yet. I have plans to link me fast to prevent this miljøkatastrofen, " says Young Left-the leader.
" I am very disappointed that the government do not realize that it is much more important to take care of our nature than that we are creating jobs in a couple of years, he adds.- They shall not kill the fjord. Not a damn Newspaper Plus Thorbjørn happy
Kobbergruveprosjektet in Kvalsund be regarded as controversial, including in the Parliament and in the MANDATES because of the consequences it will have for the sámi reindeer husbandry and the environment.
But Norwegian trade and industry minister Torbjørn Røe Isaksen (H) says gruveprosjektet touch two reindeer herding districts and emphasizes that reindriftsinteressene and consideration of the sámi culture has been important in the ministry's assessment of the application.
They have carried out consultations with the affected reindeer herding districts and the Parliament, but it has not come to an agreement with the sámi Parliament in the consultations.
the Ministry says that the operations should be adapted to minimize the impact of their feeding areas. One of these measures is that it should not be operating on the Ulveryggen in kalvingsperioden (1. may to 15. June).
- So, the ministry is considering it, will the measure, therefore, does not prevent or significantly narrow the reindriftsutøvelsen or sámi cultural practises be, informs the ministry of Trade and ministry of fisheries.
- We are confident that the deposit will not happen with unacceptable effects for the environment and the seafood industry, " says næringsministeren.Law jobs
A number of environmental organizations as well as all ungdomspartiene outside the Young Right and The has previously requested a re-assessment of the project in Parliament, something the climate and miljøminister Ola Elvestuen (V) has been rejected.
Isaksen believes gruveprosjektet will strengthen industry in the north.
- It will give a positive contribution to the development of the local community, with new jobs and skills, " says næringsministeren.
the NHO call the government's driftskonsesjon to kobberutvinning in Kvalsund is a win for the jobbskapingen in Northern Norway and think the operation provides great opportunities for Norway.
According to the confederation of Norwegian enterprise will project will lead to jobs both in the short and long term. The award is given for ten plus five years.