since 2012, where the Red Cross started with the concept of julevenner, they have before had so many matches on the guests and host families, as they have in years. The entire 292 it has been to, and compared with the past five years is the record.
Among other things, last year the number was 170 matches, and why this year is so high, is difficult to answer.
- in particular, We have experienced many gæstetilmeldinger in the year, but why we know not. It may be that more have heard about the offer, but there is also a trend that more and more people feel lonely, says Birna Esgerd Rohde, who is the project manager for julevenner in the Red Cross.
Julevenner is a concept where you as the host or guest can register themselves, and then, the Red Cross, which stands for the composition of the various julevenner.
- Julevenner want to no one should be lonely on christmas eve, and we are happy for each and every guest and host, which holds christmas together in years, continues Birna Esgerd Rohde.
the Family Marslund by Svendborg must, for the fifth year in a row having guests on christmas eve. Gradually a tradition that started with the fact that they even had the big economic problems at christmas.
- five years ago lost my husband to his work right up to christmas, and we were in the situation where we knew not whether we should give priority to animals of christmas or a small gift for each of the children - or, indeed, any of the parts, says Stine Marslund, who along with her husband have four children.
the Family Marslund is for the fifth year in a row home to a guest can have christmas with them. A tradition which started when the family itself had it hard over christmas. Photo: Tim Kildeborg Jensen
After a little bit of common hernia to some friends, there came suddenly a gift card of 1500 crowns to the grocery stores in the door. The money was from the same friends with a wish for a merry christmas. A greeting Stine Marslund was incredibly touched and chose to share on Facebook.
After I had written on Facebook, how lucky we were with such good friends, popped one of our other friends will suddenly appear with a basket filled with everything for a christmas party and again 500 dollars on a gift card. It was here that I thought that I now had too much for just our family.
After the first gift card 1500 crowns and later both the basket and the voucher on the 500 felt Stine Marlsund, that there was room for an extra around the christmas table. It was on the way, first year as a host family started.
- even Though my children and my husband might think it was a bit special to have a stranger at the table on christmas eve, it was really important to me that we not just took and took without giving anything back.
Now there have been completely mastered on the economy again, but the family has chosen to keep the tradition of an extra at the christmas feast, so the in the year for the fifth time in a row can open the doors for a guest 24. december.
- The christmas five years ago had been a lovely christmas no matter what, we had each other. I can't think of anything more terrible than not having any. So if I can't give six hours of my life to a stranger, what am I then, for one, says Stine Marslund.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------
- in fact, We have the lonely three dwell in us. They have lived there throughout the winter. They walked around without a home, and we thought that was sin for them. My family lives on a farm, where we have made some apartments for those who would otherwise have no place to be.
- And of course we need to keep christmas with them, and of course they must have gifts. They get some warm clothes of us. We have fun with them in daily, and they are lovely. Perhaps they'll just have a beer too much, but there it is. It is their problem.
Immediately, I will not take a solitary with the for christmas. Christmas is very sensitive, and we have lost many in the family. My mother-in-law died in February, so this is the first christmas without her. It takes up much room, and we need to keep christmas with my sister-in-law, who is not so old, and she's the first christmas without his mother, and his father in years. They have orphaned the whole gang.
- It is pretty harsh. So we use the holidays to do something good for each other and care for each other in the family. I hope we can get around the tree without the whining all together.
- If I even kept christmas at myself, I would like to say yes to have a solitary. But it is not me who organises christmas eve. But I would think it was nice, because I like to meet new people.
- We have not taken the solitary check to christmas in my family before. It wont just be us and some times some friends. I think never, we have considered to do it. I could find to mention the idea to my parents and hear them, and it was a good idea. But I don't know if they would do it.