last season ended Williams as closers in the constructors ' championship in Formula 1, and the start of the 2019 season, indicates that the british team continues to suffer challenges.
When the Formula 1 field on Monday embarks on the season's first official test in Barcelona, it will be without the two Williams racers on the track. The breeds for the new season is not sufficiently final to roll out on the asphalt yet.
It says Williams boss Claire Williams according to Reuters.
- Unfortunately we have to postpone the start of our first test in Barcelona on Tuesday morning.
- We have had an incredibly busy winter for FW42 (the name of the 2019-breeds, red.) ready for the season, but despite the fact that all have given their best, we need more time before we are ready to run.
Sports and Games alarm bells ringing: Formula 1 in danger
- It is a priority for us always to be sure that we bring the best racer on the track, and sometimes it takes longer than expected, and than we like. It's not ideal, but it is not the end of the world, she says.
From 1992 to 1997 won Williams the constructors ' championship in five out of six seasons, and as late as in 2014 and 2015, Williams was tredjebedst in the field.
Since the team has had unexpected major problems and reached a historical low point with the rankings in the last season.
It is up to the new Williams drivers George Russell and Robert Kubica to improve the performance in 2019, even if they do not get an optimal start to the season with an unwanted day off.
Sports and Games Haas' eccentric storsponsor: Surrounded by doubt and pornopenge
- We need to work hard to catch up the time we have lost. But we still have seven day of testing back, and we will maximize our preparations to be fully ready for the season's first race, says Claire Williams.
Haas with Kevin Magnussen and Romain Grosjean in the paddock have their new racers ready for the season's first test in Barcelona.
- It is bold. It looks fast and angry, said Magnussen at the presentation of the car in the last week.
the F1 field 2019
Lewis Hamilton (44), Valtteri Bottas (77)
Sebastian Vettel (5), Charles Leclerc (16)
Max Verstappen (33), Pierre Gasly (10)
Daniel Riccardo (3), Nico Hülkenberg (27)
Romain Grosjean (8), Kevin Magnussen (20)
Carlos Sainz Jr. (55), Lando Norris (4)
Sergio Perez (11), Lance Stroll (18)
Kimi Räikkönen (7), Antonio Giovinazzi (99)
Daniil Kvyat (26), Alexander Albon (23)
George Russell (63), Robert Kubica (88)
Formula 1 - 13. feb. 2019 - at. 17:17 Topteam teases with camouflage-look
Sport and the New season is on the doorstep: F1-the rules you might have missed