There waiting for the danes a great experience when Copenhagen Zoo 11. april shows the two newly arrived pandas rather than the public.
It promises one of the danes, who know them best: their keeper, Rasmus Pedersen
- It has been an iconic animal, which in itself is an important ambassador for his species and work to preserve its natural habitats. But in addition, I also believe that there is a nice, whimsical animals, which is fascinating to look at, he tells on the telephone from China where he right now takes care of the repatriation of the two big bears.
in Particular, Rasmus Pedersen noticed two things, you can keep an eye on when you visit them.
This applies first and foremost to take their time. Although, I think it's hilarious to watch them eat bamboo. How they quietly pills environmentally friendly from each other and eat them.
- And if one were to be so lucky to see them run, is hard not to smile a little. It's really fun to see the great bear running away with his bowlegs to the sides.
this is How the trip to Denmark
The two pandas fly to Copenhagen with a stopover in Beijing. They will be shipped in its own box, as they are already used to, there are two-three cubic meters, tells the zoo keeper Rasmus Pedersen.
- We're not going to stun them completely, since the risk, that they get something bigger on the way. But they are a little stunned, so it might take the top of their turmoil. The remains conscious.
With are the pandas also 500 kilos of chinese bamboo, so they can munch a bit along the way, if it becomes necessary.
- When they come to Copenhagen, they will have to be at the airport an hour's time, while the paperwork is being sorted, and so will be the fastest possible run to their facility in the Zoo. They should not, as such, in the quarantine in the airport, it will be done in their own facility, separate from the other animals.
Although the two pandas are adorable, so it is important, however, not to be mistaken of them, Rasmus Pedersen.
- We always have the grille between us, when we handle them. It IS, thus, violent animals. If they will make you something, it can go really wrong. So therefore we can't risk getting close to them without a fence between us.
According to Rasmus Pedersen, there are also a few things that differentiate the two pandas, which has roughly the same height and size.
- They weigh roughly the same, but when you go up and down of them, there are of course some things you notice that separates them, he explains, and continues:
Zookeeper Rasmus Pedersen in the new pandanlæg in Copenhagen Zoo on Tuesday 19. march 2019. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
- the Male (Xing Is red.) has a slightly longer, more fluffy fur, and his head is a little wider. And he is incredibly calm. The female (Mao, Sun, red.) have a shorter, slightly more dense fur, and so she's perhaps a little more careful.
Map of pandas
the female's name: Mao Sun
Age at arrival to the ZOO: 4 years
Weight: 113 kg
the Male name: Xing Is
Age at arrival to the ZOO: 5 years
Weight: 114 kg
Both of the pandas has a birthday this summer
Rasmus Pedersen also hopes that the two pandas find themselves so well in the Danish plant, that they engage in to mate.
- There is talk of a few late teens. They are just immature, so we hope then that they have the desire to mate with each other when it is in season. It is between January and april.
the Pandas are a statsgave from China to queen Margrethe. They can be experienced in Copenhagen Zoo from 11. april 9 a.m. in a spritnyt plant.