DBU has approached directly to the Consumer ombudsman in the hope to get the permission to, that the national team can continue to have both Works Landsbank and the Odds on the jerseys.
A response should be imminent. DBU is under pressure, as Kasper Hjulmand for the first time brings together his landsholdstrup 31. august prior to the matches against England and Belgium in the Nations League.
There has arisen a great doubt the two main sponsors can continue as two of the DBUs main sponsors after the Danish Parliament has passed a new law about payday loans. Here, there is no longer advertised for the payday loans, in connection with the spilleudbydere.
The new law came into force on 1. July. The law is made to prevent the expensive loans to the danes. But the law is screwed together in such a way, that it is the banks that eventually must stand for responsibility in contrast to spilleselskaberne and DBU.
- We are awaiting right now a reply from the authorities on what we do. Before we have the answer, we have not further comments, saying the DBUs communications manager, Jakob Høyer.
Peter Froulund, there is the branding and communication director at Arbejdernes Landsbank, have a clear expectation that the government make a law about.
- We are of the view that the legal text is very imprecise. We must, as the bank does not appear on the same side as an operator in a klubblad. We also must not appear on the same jerseys as a provider.
- We hope that common sense prevails at last. We do not offer payday loans, but we will be affected by this legislation, explains Peter Froulund.
Greece is the main sponsor Arbejdernes Landsbank has come involuntarily in the squeeze, because, according to a new law about payday loans may not appear on the same jerseys as the Odds, there is a bettingfirma. Photo: Jens Dresling.
Just Arbejdernes Landsbank is one of the major sponsors of the Danish world football.
the Bank is the main sponsor of Brøndby (fall out) and FC Midtjylland. In addition, the bank has major sponsorships in the AGF, FC Nordsjælland and Vejle.
- As the law is screwed together now, should a bank not be seen in the same picture on the TV with a bettingfirma during a football game. We have solved it in relation to our contracts in the League, but in landsholdsregi there is no solution yet, says Peter Froulund.
the Extra Leaf has sent a series of questions to the minister of trade Simon Kollerup via the ministry's press office. The message from the ministry is that business affairs will first speak, when the Consumer ombudsman has come up with a conclusion on how the law should be interpreted.
the Minister has been to adopt a law, as he would have others to interpret, before he has a position on whether the law has the right intentions.
- I find it hard to imagine that the state gives us a fine to stand on a sweater (greece, red.) from a company (Danish Games), which is owned by the state, says Peter Froulund.
See also: Jon Dahl continues wild streak
See also: Big FCK-frustration: He has no power
See also: Could cost a gigantic amount of money