Ford has so far had great success with the plug-in version of the Kuga model, called the Kuga PHEV. Thus was the model of the 1688 new registered copies, the most sold car in Denmark in the month of July.
But now there are scratches in the paintwork of the american automobile giant.
Problems with højspændingsbatteriet do, in fact, that Ford is recalling several thousand copies worldwide and in Denmark. Copies of the model built before the 26. June 2020 'in very rare cases can catch fire, and why should the owners keep themselves from letting the cars up with a cable.
to Ekstra Bladet informs Ford of Denmark, to the potential errors affecting the Kuga Plug-in Hybrid models produced before 26. June 2020, and that the number of potentially affected Kuga Plug-in Hybrid in Denmark is 2901. In total, it has been sold 6500 plug-in the ford Kuga is at home until further notice.
The 13. august will Ford send information to the Danish owners of the affected Kuga Plug-in Hybrid models.
Because there is a risk of fire, stresses the Ford, that one must not let its Kuga up via the cable until the fault is rectified.
- Until servicekampagnen is rectified, must Kuga Plug-in Hybrid NOT charge the battery through the cable - either at home or in public, including not with nødlader, since this can in rare cases constitute a fire hazard. At the same time, all driving done in køreprogrammet EV Auto, write Ford Denmark in an email response to Ekstra Bladet.
- Ford Motor Company assure, that it is still safe for the owners of already issued Kuga Plug-in Hybrid to drive on in their car, until servicekampagnen is rectified, if the drive is conducted according to the instructions above, sounds it on.
the Recall will also have the consequence that there will be delay of delivery of the Kuga Plug-in Hybrid, which has not yet been passed on to the customers.
- the Customers will be contacted by their Ford dealer as soon as their Kuga Plug-in Hybrid has been produced for the repairing of the campaign and thus can be supplied, writes Ford in the email to Ekstra Bladet.
- the Ford Motor Company are sorry for the inconvenience, such as the Ford Kuga Plug-in Hybrids servicekampagne may cause. It happens in the company's endeavor to always provide cars that live up to the highest standards of quality and safety requirements, so as a customer at any time can be completely at ease with his Ford.
Ford informs that the affected customers from 13. august can contact their Ford dealer to arrange a time for the correction of the error, which will happen from 24. august onwards.
- Costs incurred in connection with servicekampagnen happens on the Ford Motor Companys expense and without cost to the customer, emphasizing the car giant.
See also: Ford has high hopes for the new SUV
the Problems with højspændingsbatteriet is not the only challenge, as the owners have with the new plug-in the Ford Kuga. A look at a Danish facebook group for owners of the Ford Kuga PHEV reveals that several owners report that they are likely to come out to a car that is completely dead, because the ordinary 12V battery is discharged.
to Ekstra Bladet confirms Ford Denmark, there are problems with the 12V battery.
Ford is aware that some customers with Kuga Plug-in Hybrid are experiencing the draining of the 12V battery. Ford's technical department is investigating this further to find the cause of and explanation for the discharge, and thus the evs. to find a suitable solution, writing the Ford Denmark in an email to Ekstra Bladet.
In facebookgruppen are speculated in, on the discharge of the 12V battery in relation to the use of Ford's own app called FordPass, but whether it is cause by Ford yet.
- it is associated with the use of FordPass is not determined, writes Ford Denmark in the mail.
See also: 2700 Danish vehicles affected: Ford is withholding popular SUV