the Country's ældreminister, Magnus Heunicke (S), is outraged at the massive plejesvigt, as a 90-year-old demented Else has experienced.
And he is happy that the prohibited footage of plejehjemmets treatment of Else now is come for a day.
The minister says in the first interview about the case.
- It is incredibly tragic, and this kind of failure and unworthy treatment they have no place in our care of the elderly. Therefore, it is good that it has emerged. We must not hide from it here.
the high Court has otherwise prohibited TV2 to bring the documentary about Else, but on Monday chose the Extra Magazine is yet to publish some of the recordings.
Community - 6. christmas. 2020 - pm. 19:00 Here is the TV2 recordings are not allowed to see
Community - 6. christmas. 2020 - pm. 20:33 To the halloween party in lorteble
From the political team is Heunicke been skoset to be late on the pitch in the case. In addition, a ferieopslag on the minister's Instagram - while the case of Else roared away - many of his followers in his chest.
According to the Heunicke is the criticism of noel, however, not something he thinks about so much.
- We have meetings every day about this matter, and yesterday (Wednesday, red.) I signed out with a concrete follow-up. The responsible municipality (Aarhus, ed.) have explained what they have done. It is, I think, is the way it should be handled.
on Wednesday evening went to the minister so as on Facebook and invited the relevant parties to the 'summit on our care of the elderly'.
the Article continues under the picture ...
Ældreminister Magnus Heunicke think it is good that the prohibited footage of the failed against the Else has come forward. Photo: Aleksander Klug
- How will you ensure that we going forward not again see a case like Elses?
- First we need to ensure that there are cleared up completely in the concrete case and on the specific nursing home. I can understand that the Aarhus Municipality is in full swing and have had to take some ansættelsesmæssige consequences - that it must here also have.
- The second thing is to ensure that such a thing does not happen. Unfortunately, it is not the first time, but it is one of the most serious, as I have seen. It is the expression of a very pressure and the elderly, and that in some places there is a culture which is completely wrong. Which contains the failure, unworthiness, and which is unbearable for all of us.
- But how will you, as ministers make sure that this is not going to happen again?
- We have already started to convene a summit with all who have insight into and responsibility for our care of the elderly. For it goes not to push the responsibility around between each other. It will not be a summit with toasting. We need to have things that don't work, rather than in the light.
- the Yield should preferably be a concrete agreement on the improvement of education, the framework and the management, and I am also open to indrapporteringsdelen. In other words, we can report concerns to the Agency for Patient safety.
- But it is very important that there comes more control, more schedules and less time with the elderly out of it.
the Article continues after the video ...
The supportive comments to Else and her family is coming in a steady stream on Facebook. Video/editing: Emma Svendsen, Ernst van Norde/Signe Forest.
- Under coronakrisen, Mette Frederiksen turned on, we must take care of the weakest in society - it must Else be said to be. Why have you not summoned to such a meeting a long time ago?
- We actually had prepared a meeting with the Older Case and the national Association of Municipalities in the spring, which unfortunately was cancelled because we couldn't meet as many people (under coronakrisen, ed.). But it is this work, we now take up and give a new content and new timeliness.
- In the Social democratic party has been very critical of that former ældreminister Thyra Frank was invisible. But have you given priority to the optimisation of high enough?
- Yes, I have certainly. It is an area that is dear to my heart incredibly close.
- When I have been around in nursing homes and have spoken with demenskoordinatorer, it is always those who do good, who meets the minister. It is important to pay tribute to them with good experiences, but it is even more important to get the places out into the light, where it goes wrong, says Magnus Heunicke.
Mette Frederiksen should relate to the plejehjemssvigt in the clips from TV2's documentary. Producer: Emma Svendsen